HTC EVO - Can't Add or Delete a Group in people/contactsSupport

Last Updated:

1. cplevel42

cplevel42 New Member This Topic's Starter

Hello,

when I'm at the phone screen and hit menu/people/groups icon(multiple cards) you have the option to "add group" at the top or hit menu again and 2 options appear: Add Group or Delete Group. Either of these options are not functional. They don't work. It seems that HTC forgot to add functionality for this. Does anyone have a solution for this?

Thanks!

Advertisement
  2. MalibuAce

MalibuAce Member

I was wondering the same thing...I can't add a group either

EDIT: Ok, figured it out...click contacts, then the icon right next to it "groups", and then click menu then add group and then define group then add...

the trick is you have to add a contact to the new defined group before that new group category will be saved...

cplevel42 likes this.
  3. cplevel42

cplevel42 New Member This Topic's Starter

That was stupid for the software developer to do it that way. Very unintuitive!

Thanks for figuring this out. No one at sprint or HTC knew how to do it.

4. MalibuAce

MalibuAce Member

no problem! ;) Yeah, I know, is there a better program out there for contacts and maybe one for calender? I remember there was a program on the Palm that was not only intuitive but very customizable (custom ringtones, icons, etc)...I'll do a search, but can anyone recommend one?

5. Selfdestruct

Selfdestruct Well-Known Member

is there a way to set a group as the default group that shows up when you initially click phone? I hate seeing ALL my contacts

6. MalibuAce

MalibuAce Member

What I did was just put all the numbers I call the most in my favorites (swipe home screen to the right, and they are all there, very convienent! (you can also add specific contacts by using my description above and place them in the group "favorites". Much easier than going through all of the contacts...hope this helps! (You can also add any group to the home screen, just add as a shortcut)..

7. flgal3

flgal3 New Member

Really?! I've been trying to figure this out on both an Evo and Driod X without success. There is a scene on the Evo which clear shows the Favorite group on the home page but I want to also add the VIP group. None of the options under adding shortcut->widget/folders ever give me the option to select a group only specific contacts.