HTC EVO Charging Port

Last Updated:

1. professor1996

professor1996 New Member This Topic's Starter

:mad: After two months the charging port on the EVO is completely gone. For me, it was just normal plugging in the phone to keep the battery charged. However, customer support with Sprint indicated through some mystic power that the phone was damaged. No kidding. The charging port is loose. This is not rocket science. Anyway, Sprint wants more money to fix a two month old phone. For the coolness of the phone, the hardware sucks. The customer support offered is bankrupting me. More akin to customer robbery than support.

Advertisement
  2. CriticalCritic

CriticalCritic Well-Known Member

I agree, regular Sprint customer support can be a joke. There are a few people that know what's going on, but the majority (from my own experience) are no help at all.

2 solutions

1- Call back and ask to get transferred to 'Advanced Tech Support' they can do more to help you. But keep in mind that it may take a couple calls to the regular customer service before you find someone willing to directly transfer you. Explain that you were using it like normal, and ask them questions about whether this is a normal problem with the phone, be inquisitive and helpless, etc. They should help you out.

2- Take your phone to a Corporate Store. They are good about taking care of issues like that. Just go online and find the one near you, and make an appointment. And make sure your phone is not rooted!:eek:

3. as329

as329 Well-Known Member

The same thing just happened to my wife's phone. She's going down to sweet talk the repair guys into fixing it. Then we'll try Sprint. All else fails, I'll take it apart and solder the port back on myself, just really trying to avoid that.

4. alextop30

alextop30 Well-Known Member

To run away from this issue I bought some eyes batteries and a battery charger so I almost never have to plug my phone