• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root HTC EVO Design 4G - All Carriers - Root guide

hi all,
I hope someone still visits these pages... ;]

I have a HTC PH44100 APC715C, it's the Evo Design 4G from Sprint. (Phone worked last week, everything was updated except a few apps such as facebook, etc, useless crap)

Something is broken w/ the operating system (I believe due to a bad battery the phone kept restarting hundreds of times over night in the middle of booting up) and I would like to fix it. As of right now if I power it on, it gets stuck on the white screen w/ the HTC writing (see pic). same thing if I try to factory reset it, recover, etc.

so far, I unlocked it w/ the 'new token' but that's how far I managed to go. it's either the links in the guide are not working, or I get 'mainvers error'. it feels like the old days when we were searching on dialup for drivers on PI and PII pcs ;]

I'm attaching 3 pics of my screen. I can't start the phone normally, only the volume down option, and it seems the pc is communicating w/ the device since I was able to unlock it.

any help would be appreciated. I don't care if I end up w/ a stock phone, a rooted one or whatever. I just need a phone :}

thank you!

*I read lots of posts/pages and I just got tired trying to figure it out myself... I am new to this; I have basic understanding of how things work but that's it..

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones