HTC EVO enough internal memory for apps?

Last Updated:

1. aceofspades991

aceofspades991 New Member This Topic's Starter

Hi all, I'm new here and I'm looking into getting the HTC EVO 4G through sprint. I was looking at specs and read that the phone only has one gigabyte of memory, is that enough to store a good amount of apps? I know theres external memory, but I've also read you can only store apps on the internal memory.

Advertisement
  2. cyearns

cyearns Active Member

Not entirely sure, but I think with Android 2.2 you can store apps on your SD card now. 2.2 is supposed to be released soon but most of us know how they are about release schedules.

3. Brinkley1988

Brinkley1988 Well-Known Member

With the version less thant 2.2, all apps are stored in phone's memory, so, if you installed too many apps, that would take a lot of running memory, which would cause failed to run programs. And android 2.2 allows us to install apps in sd card, the size of sd cards are normally much larger than phone's memory, and cheaper, and scalable. So, I'm pretty sure that, With the following versions, you could install almost as many apps as you wish.

4. aceofspades991

Alright, thanks for the info

5. aceofspades991

Alright, next question, When andriod 2.2 is available, would the Evo be able to upgrade?

6. PETEYO

PETEYO New Member

I don't think there are too many phones out there that have much more than a gig. Unlikely you'd fill a gig up in apps, perhaps games but i don't know if those are installed in the phone memory. I'm a "stock" EVO owner, love it. Go order your evo :)