HTC EVO how far have we really come

Last Updated:

1. RoboMonkey

RoboMonkey Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I miss this (it's still in my house somewhere lost). :D
    I still love my EVO, but the Ipaq will always be my first love.

[​IMG]
    Intel Bulverde 624MHz high performance processor raises your productivity to a whole new level. Work faster -- work smarter.
    4.0" transflective TFT VGA 64K color display allows better and easier viewing of documents, images, and web pages.
    View your applications and images in landscape and portrait mode.
    Transflective display technology provides crisp and clear images and text.
    Automatic brightness control automatically adjusts backlight based on ambient lighting conditions resulting in better viewing comfort and longer battery life.
    Unique touchpad with mouse-like cursor makes navigation easier and fun.
    Abundant memory capacity lets you store more programs and files.
    Removable / rechargeable 1800 mAh Lithium-lon battery for continuous power.
    Integrated Compact Flash Type II (CF) and Secure Digital (SD) slots provide significant additional storage and functionality.
    CF Type II for greater expansion, flexibility and convenience.
    Secure Digital slot for greater storage and expansion.
    Magnesium-alloy body makes the iPAQ Pocket PC smaller and lighter.
    Extended Product life cycle for stability and investment protection.

Enhanced security protection for your device, information and connection
    • Data encryption from HP ProtectTools powered by Credant provides enhanced protection for both your data and device (when enabled).
    • Full Microsoft OS functionality for VPN and WEP enhanced security. VPN software provides enhanced security for wireless connection when accessing information remotely such as the Internet and email.1 64-bit and 128-bit WEP offers enhanced security for an authorized connection and data transfer when connected wirelessly.
    • Advanced level of security for wireless communication with support for LEAP, 802.1x, WPA (Wi-Fi Protected Access), and CCX 1.0.

Wireless capabilities so you stay connected in and out of the office
    • Integrated WLAN 802.11b (Wi-Fi).
    • Enables high-speed wireless access to the Internet, email and corporate data solutions1.
    • Integrated Bluetooth wireless technology for wireless communication with other Bluetooth devices1.
    • IrDA fast infrared (FIR) provides you with a fast (up to 4Mbps), cable free method of moving data via infrared.

Advertisement
  2. Mecha

Mecha Well-Known Member

Wow...that's pretty advanced for a device at that time. Yet, here we are drooling whenever a phone with a 4"-4.3" display is announced :p.

It kind of saddens me upon realizing that even this phone has a 65k color display, though.