HTC EVO out to TV HDMI cable doesn't workSupport

1. Lose Fat

Lose Fat New Member

I finally got my HDMI cable to watch my videos on TV from my EVO...

I plugged it in and NOTHING... Took it to the Sprint tech, they changed my setting to Debugging Off.. I rushed home... plugged it in and NOTHING?
    are there any other setting to get it going??

Advertisement
    :
  2. Lose Fat

Lose Fat New Member

I finally got my HDMI cable to watch my videos on TV from my EVO...

I plugged it in and NOTHING... Took it to the Sprint tech, they changed my setting to Debugging Off.. I rushed home... plugged it in and NOTHING?
    are there any other setting to get it going ????
  3. Martimus

Martimus One bite at a time... Moderator

Welcome to the Android Forums!

What video app were you attempting to run on your EVO? The stock app? Or a third party app?
  4. APDell

APDell Well-Known Member

older thread but...

I called a Sprint store today and said that the Shift is not hdmi cable capable. LAME.

I hope she was just misinformed...
  5. JeffinCA

JeffinCA Well-Known Member

Dang… I was really hoping for more information on this topic.

I just received an HDMI cable for my EVO 4G. With the TV and phone off, I connected the cable, turned them on and selected videos in different formats.

No video was displayed on the TV, using either the default Video player or RockPlayer Lite. I know that the cable is at least partially good as the TV displays a different message when the cable is connected that it does when disconnected.

From what I have read, there are no settings on the phone to activate HDMI output; the app either uses it or it doesn’t.

I have tried MKV, M4V and MP4 files with no difference.
    What, if anything, can I do to fix this?

Thanks in advance,

Jeff
  6. cmoneygrip

cmoneygrip New Member

Hey lose fat, did you get your issue resolved? Because if you did I would really appreciate some help with my EVO 4G. Took it to sprint, they had no problem making it work,get it back home and nothing. Frustrated as Hell, please help. CMONEY
  7. cmoneygrip

cmoneygrip New Member

:confused:
    :mad:
  8. fastc6r

fastc6r New Member

I also had the same problem with my hdmi. Plug in your hdmi to your phone and t.v. then restart your phone. I'm sure your phone and tv hdmi will work now.:D