HTC EVO - Phone calling problemSupport

Last Updated:

1. mbs1104

mbs1104 New Member This Topic's Starter

I just bought this ph (HTC EVO) a couple of weeks ago and there is a sporadic problem with incoming and outgoing phone calls. To and from landlines, cell phones, even the other cell phone that is on my shared plan.

Sometimes when I place a call to a land line or another cell, the other person answers and hears me saying hello, but I can't hear them.

Sometimes when someone calls me, (from land-line or cell) I can't hear anything upon answering the call. It's just silence. Then I find out (via text messaging to that person) that they heard me answer but I could not hear them responding to me.

Anybody else have this same problem?

Advertisement
  2. Steven58

Steven58 Reformed PH VIP Member

welcome.. I'll move this to the evo support section for you.

3. Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed Well-Known Member

it sounds like a signal tower issue.

try going to menu.settings.system updates and update your prl and profile

try that first and let us know ....recently someone else had this issue and the phone had to be replaced

4. Clinternet

Clinternet New Member

I've been having the same issue since last night. Sometimes Speakerphone will allow me to hear the caller, but other times I can't hear them either way.

PRL didn't fix the problem. Profile never finished, it just kept runing and runing. Trying again now.

5. Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed Well-Known Member

it defintely sounds like it could be a tower issue. profile usually (not always) hangs when I have low signal strength or interference when I am in specific areas. Have you also noticed a drop in internet speeds or had any other connection issues

I would call sprint and let them know about the issue, quite possibly even as "dropped" calls

6. jmsweet

jmsweet New Member

Recently I have been having the issue not being able to hear landline calls. I can't hear the phone ring nor can I hear the other person on the other end. I bought this phone in March, haven't dropped it once and have always kept it in my case. I tried updating the profile and the prl ... landline worked once. Tried to call another and it didn't work.

7. jmsweet

jmsweet New Member

Tried it, worked for one call out to a landline and then it didn't work for the next. Is it time to take the phone back to sprint?

8. Halfbaked

Halfbaked Banned

Yes. See if they will give you a loaner EVO to test out. If you still have the problem its your coverage area.