HTC EVO Privacy Screen ProtectorAccessories

Last Updated:

1. dmxcrb

dmxcrb New Member This Topic's Starter

Advertisement
  2. Outrigger

Outrigger Well-Known Member

That doesn't even have the cutout for the Evo, just a rectangle that covers the screen, but the front body of the Evo is more than just the screen. I tried the privacy screen from clarivue which has the exact cutouts for the speakers, cam and sensors, however, I couldn't see squat outside, not even really sunny, just outside. It wasn't worth the privacy when it was useless outside so I just went for their ultra clear.

Kioshi likes this.
  3. maui

maui New Member

just wanted to add my two cent review on the product.

I just ordered the privacy screen protector last week from that exact link and when it came in (back ordered) it was kind of a disappointment. When I put it on my EVO, the cover was so thick, all the bottom buttons did not work (home, menu, back, search) because it couldn't sense any touch under the protector. The main screen had no problems with touch sensor.

I ended up cutting the bottom off so at least I could use what I had ordered. It's pretty cheap (at least if you get it from onlyevo.com, so I suppose I got what I paid for) As for the protector screen itself, I liked the 'privacy' it offered.

I haven't tried looking yet, but if there's an alternative with exact cut outs of the bottom buttons (and not too expensive) I'd recommend getting something like that instead. Unless you don't mind cutting it like I did.