Htc evo rooted problem...please help

Last Updated:

1. italianwjt

italianwjt Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

My friend rooted my phone. I was not aware that it would void my warranty. I wanted the root program off so i did a hard reset on the phone to bring the phone back to its original settings. I've done the hard reboot and the rooted program is still on the phone. The problem is...i lost most of the programs the phone originally came with, ie. sprint tv, sprint nav., and other programs im sure that im not aware of right now. Any help on how to get the programs back?

Thanks in advance

Advertisement
  2. chrismmm

chrismmm Well-Known Member

ask your good friend to put it back the way it was..if he can root your phone he should be able to put it back to its original state. if he wont do that for you then you prob should not let screw with your phone..why did he root it for you? what were you or he trying to accomplish?

3. Velocd

Velocd Well-Known Member

italianwjt likes this.
  4. italianwjt

italianwjt Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Ok its all good now. He used a root called sprint lover, It runs good and the wifi teather works. batter life is a lot better also, not sure how that plays a difference.

Thanks for the help'

5. SporkLover

SporkLover Well-Known Member

Sounds like it's rooted and a custom ROM flashed. That's why you still have the root when you hard reset.

Look for Flashing back to the Stock Rom