HTC EVO Shift digitizer madness!Support

Last Updated:

1. MikeGause

MikeGause New Member

Hello forums,
    I work for a small company repairing android phones and recently we've had some crazy issues with repairing the digitizers on EVO Shifts. I've replaced the digitizer on many of them (this means, different phones, different boards, different digitizers) and after every repair the digitizer goes nuts. By this, I mean some times it wont work at all (can't get past initial unlock sequence) and sometimes its buggy and clicks on random things or has severe key-press lag. This has come from 2 different batches of replacement digitizers (same supplier) and am dumbfounded. Also the digitizer seems not to be flush with the LCD housing only near the ribbon (in this case the top left corner where the ribbon is guided to the rear of the LCD). It pokes up about a quarter a centimeter and causes dust to get to the LCD after about 2 days. I understand that's more of an adhesive issue but I find it odd because it's only been recently the digi's I've had have the same issue with the crazyness that they aren't totally flush with the LCD housing. Anyways, what I desire to know is if anyone has had this problem or if possibly this is a case of bad digi's from a bad supplier etc. I know this is lenghty, but any help is much appreciated. Much thanks

Advertisement
  2. Rush

Rush {<>}~{<>} Guide

Hopefully someone with this sort of knowledge will chime in to assist.

[Thread moved] :)
  3. dirtytony

dirtytony New Member

anyone have any sort of response on this? i am about to replace my digitizer and don't want a bad one...its my only phone and don't want to have it out of commission while i replace multiple digitizers till i find a good one hahaha.
  4. Gorman44

Gorman44 New Member

I recently had this exact work done on my evo shift, the screen had blacked out, it took over a month to get it back from them, phone support was a complete ass, not to mention another 2weeks to get the new s/n on the sprint network!!! after I got it back I had the problem with the digitizer and still does, I recommend buying one yourself and see how it pays out!!! I've had the worst service with sprint and htc then I've ever had with any other carrier or company