HTC EVO "Sync Protocol Error"Support

Last Updated:

1. enfuego

enfuego New Member This Topic's Starter

Been connected through the exchange server at my work since I have had the phone (two weeks) and everything has been fine. Stopped receiving e-mail to my EVO sometime yesterday, work server-check, sync to work computer-check, re-entered password in an attempt to "log on" -no go. Can go thru settings to manually sync and it appears the calendar and contacts sync but email stops and presents an exclamation point and at bottom of screen says "sync protocal error"

Any tips or ideas?

Thanks in advance

Advertisement
  2. josephlucas

josephlucas New Member

I'm working with an EVO trying to sync with an Exchange 2003 SP2 server (no SSL) and am having the exact same problem. Contacts and Calendar will sync but email gives the sync protocol error. I have another EVO, a Hero, iPhones and Palm Pres that have no problem. I will continue to check around and see what I can find.

3. skauff

skauff New Member

Has anyone figured this out yet? I had the problem last week. I deleted that account and added it back and it worked fine, now it is happening again. I don't want to have to keep deleting the account and adding it back.

4. AdamIsAdam

AdamIsAdam New Member

Has anyone solved this? the first time it happened, sprint told me to remove the account and reinstall it. When I did, I got duplicate calendar entries.

A month later (while 2hours from home) it happened again. I don't want to remove and reload account constantly, especially if it's going to screw up and duplicate my calendar!

5. RolyPoly0ne

RolyPoly0ne New Member

Try this fix:

Roaming Noodles

The author gives details at the very bottom of his post. In a nutshell, Exchange Active Sych must be the default e-mail program to keep Outlook from going nuts.

I did this a week ago and my Outlook has been fine since then. Before this fix, it would only work for about two days then my messages wouldn't sync anymore.

Good luck!

6. tomsuter

tomsuter New Member

I followed Sprint's suggestion of removing the exchange account and setting it up again. This worked for several days and then failed once again. I have exchange setup as the default email account. The sync error is only occuring with my calendar, the error that is being recorded is "client/server conversion error", contacts.
    We are using Exchange 2003, SP2

Does anyone have further thoughts?

7. akw

akw New Member

I went through the same problem for months. I uninstalled my "task killer" program, and it fixed the problem. Even if you put your mail on the "ignore" list, it will work for a while then stop working. The only solution is to remove your task killer. My mail has been working for two weeks since I removed mine.

Good luck.

8. akw

akw New Member

Remove your task killer program. That is the only thing that worked for me.

9. akw

akw New Member

Remove your task killer program.

10. SiLkk

SiLkk New Member

I am having this exact same problem, I do not have any task killer app installed, never have.

Any other solutions?

11. ciscokid422

ciscokid422 New Member

This error appears from time to time. Sometimes if I change my password it works again or shutting off the phone and then back on again may work. But, when all else fails, I have to remove my exchange account then add it back in. Obviously there is SOME problem but I have not see an easy quick fix other than what I've done.

-CK