• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root HTC EVO V 4g flashed to pageplus now has no data

ebrown761

Jan 13, 2013
k So i have an htc evo v 4g originally on virgin mobile. I unlocked the boot-loader n shortly there after did s-off Juopunutbear, almost a year later i had it flashed to pageplus everything worked initially. So sometime later, in the course of downgrading my h boot i had forgot to get a Juopunutbear Patched H boots. So after i flashed aPG86IMG.zip, I realized my boot-loader had become locked. At this point I still had phone, text, data.

So then my boot-loader was refusing to unlock under any normal means i believe it became corrupted. I went and did the ruu backed to stock, for some reason it dint remove my s-off i thought it would.
Now I was back on stock but i can only make phone calls and text but no data on pageplus, the guy i used for the initial flash was willing and did go back in my phone to try n fix it. In the end after several attempts, some fixing it a little giving me 1x data, but then it randomly lost it, he ended up throwing in the towel and saying that the data section of the cdma programing was corrupted beyond repair.

So my questions,
has anyone reading this had this happen to them?
does anyone know how to repair the cdma programing stuff to stay with pageplus?
if nothing else does any know how to re-flash the cdma programing of virgin mobile via a ruu or something similar? the person that flashed my phone theorized by flashing back to virgin mobile it may uncorrupt it there allowing him to re-flash it back to pageplus or i could sell if i wanted.

and any suggestions would be helpful thanks.

Youre will not lose s off when running ruu or changing hboots

Have you tried updating prl / profile on stock ROM?
That is how to fix the issue you described when on VM...idk about page plus but its worth a shot

yea thats a no go on pageplus, i initially thought that too n thanks for the thought

Does anybody know of a automated repair/update tool, that would be able to flash/rewrite the cdma programing from virgin mobile, to make it a virgin again?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones