• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

HTC EVO View 4g official launch date set

Oddball

Aug 1, 2010
I did something I don't normally do: I decided to pre-order it, or rather I am pre-ordering this afternoon.

Worked a good deal with Sprint to release my 3G/4G aircard and apply some of my credits to the new tablet so June 24th we should see it hit the stores.

I was torn between a 10 inch tablet and this one and frankly if I need 10 inches of real estate I'll use my laptop. This should work well for my needs and it seems pretty powerful. From what I have read it's supposed to have Honeycomb at launch date though one of Sprints PRNewswire releases mentioned it will get the upgraded software. No matter though, I'm in.

I guess the cherry on top is the free scribe they're providing if you sign the 2 year agreement, which I am anyway so that's $80 saved right there.

Here's the official release from sprint.com:

HTC EVO View 4G

Moderator folks, I didn't see a HTC EVO View forum so I dropped it here. Move as needed.

So I walked into the Sprint store and told the nice lady i'd like to pre-order the HTC EVO View 4G.

She said, "the what?" I said the new HTC tablet Sprint announced today. She said, "I don't know anything about that."

I mentioned to her again that Sprint announced it today. She said she hadn't heard anything about it so it can't be available. I reiterated my point and said all I had to do was pre-order by purchasing a $50 gift card and that was it. She continued to play dumb and attempted to refute it. I persisted. She got the manager. He confirmed it.

I asked her why she didn't pay attention to release notifications and she said something to the effect of, "I can't pay attention to everything." Actually, you better because it's your job to do so :)

Hopefully it will be here on the 24th. The Scribe stylus IS free to the first few people who order one but I'm not sure how many is a few.

Upvote 0
Noob Question, but do you have any idea if the Evo View 4G will be able to place calls? I know it probably can place Skype audio and Google Voice calls But I'm curious if it can place a traditional call on Sprint's voice network.

I know it sounds ridiculous but it might not be that bad if you use headphones or a bluetooth headset.

Upvote 0
Noob Question, but do you have any idea if the Evo View 4G will be able to place calls? I know it probably can place Skype audio and Google Voice calls But I'm curious if it can place a traditional call on Sprint's voice network.

I know it sounds ridiculous but it might not be that bad if you use headphones or a bluetooth headset.

I don't think there's any reason it technically couldn't, but the software, provisioning, and plans.don't currently let you. I don't think they want to give people the easy option to rplave their phones.

Upvote 0
So I walked into the Sprint store and told the nice lady i'd like to pre-order the HTC EVO View 4G.

She said, "the what?" I said the new HTC tablet Sprint announced today. She said, "I don't know anything about that."

I mentioned to her again that Sprint announced it today. She said she hadn't heard anything about it so it can't be available. I reiterated my point and said all I had to do was pre-order by purchasing a $50 gift card and that was it. She continued to play dumb and attempted to refute it. I persisted. She got the manager. He confirmed it.

I asked her why she didn't pay attention to release notifications and she said something to the effect of, "I can't pay attention to everything." Actually, you better because it's your job to do so :)

Hopefully it will be here on the 24th. The Scribe stylus IS free to the first few people who order one but I'm not sure how many is a few.

mmm that's Sprint's infamous customer service for you.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones