HTC Evo youtube app not workingSupport

Last Updated:

1. An UrgeTo Dance

An UrgeTo Dance The Hero of the Winds This Topic's Starter

I just got a new HTC Evo and when I use the youtube app it just goes to a black screen like it is loading but doesn't do anything, but if I go to the browser and go to youtube it works. I can't use any of the soft keys at the bottom, I have to make the phone go to sleep then open it again. I was wondering if it just takes long to load or if the app is broken, I am only in a 3g area but I wouldn't think that that would affect it. If anyone has any advice or info it would be much appreciated.

EDIT: it shows my notification bar but doest let me access it

Thanks
    An UrgeTo Dance

Advertisement
  2. Gtrts2roid30

Gtrts2roid30 Member

I have the same problem. On top of that when YouTube does not work and I hit the home button the YouTube screen becomes my wallpaper. It recovers when I put the phone to sleep.

3. An UrgeTo Dance

It wont even let me go to the home screen I have to put the phone to sleep then wake it to get it to go back.

4. An UrgeTo Dance

Okay I let it sit a while and found out it just took a long time to load for the first time, now the app is working fine.

5. surfologist87

surfologist87 Well-Known Member

I wanted to open this back up. My buddy has his Evo, and when he opens youtube, it goes black really quick then back to home screen. Its not opening at all. Does anyone know why? Weve restarted the device and everything.

I cant play with mine because im still waiting on my insurance replacement :( I actually never opened youtube on my Evo.

6. pwnst*r

pwnst*r Well-Known Member

PM me...

7. AyoTech

AyoTech Member

I wanted to bring this up AGAIN because I have the Evo but since yesterday night the Youtube App isn't working. When I click Youtube it tells me "Sorry! The application YouTube (process .com.google.android.youtube) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again." Then it tell's me to force close it.

I've tried restarting my phone but nothing seem's to work. What do I do?? :confused:...

8. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon Moderator

Let's see if this helps - go into Settings -> Applications -> Manage Applications -> All tab

Scroll down to YouTube - tap it. If running, Force Stop - then Clear data - then Clear cache.

Next - relaunch YouTube - and report back if this fixed anything or not, as this could be helpful to others.

wiser4x likes this.
  9. Desert Cactus

Desert Cactus Well-Known Member

I think this problem with the youtube app has been seen before. On mine it does not load the video. If you press play enough time it will play the video, so I just use the browser. I my opinion using the browser is better anyway. Youtube app is not useful!

10. wiser4x

wiser4x New Member

This worked PERFECT..thanks EarlyMon !

11. joeendjoe

joeendjoe New Member

Ok so every time I go to my YouTube app it forces me to sign in I'm fine with that.
    But after I sign in I can select any thing the it wants me to sign in again.
    It keeps doing this until I force close if any one could be of assistance that would be awesome.

12. Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed Well-Known Member

Did you try to force stop clear data and cache like mentioned above? In some cases installing the ap from the market will solve the issue also.

Are you up to date on updates?
    Menu.settings.software updates etc etc?