• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help HTC EXPLORER ( Menu Lights )

Hello To Everyone,
Well I have read some posts smiler to my post. I cant found the best way to get rid out of this problem. Why Menu lights are disable i have checked all the settings but unable to find the solution. I want Menu lights always on please help me. I have HTC EXPLORER

I don't think that there is an option to set the touch button lights to always ON..as on my HTC they turn on/off with the intensity of light on the ambient light sensor..whenever I cover the sensor with my finger, they light up and when there's a lot of light incident on the sensor, they just turn off..which fulfills the purpose of being an ambient light sensor..try this for your phone (while it is unlocked, also set screen brightness to "Adjust automatically" and screen timeout to "Never Turn Off")..this way you'd be able to find out whether its a faulty ambient light sensor or touch button lights..if the screen brightness changes while you do the above thing then your sensor is working fine but touch button lights might be faulty..in the other case, if screen brightness seems to be constant then you might be having a faulty sensor also..

Please note that the screen brightness will change after about 5 seconds of covering the sensor..and it should appear dim..and when you'll keep it in front of a light source then you'll notice that the screen appears too bright..if it happens as I've written then you definitely have faulty touch button lights..

Hope it helps..:)

Upvote 0
Thanks for explain in such details let me tell you one thing my htc brightness is set to Adjust automatically. And i am not getting kindly elaborate which sensor light are you talking to cover with fingers? and i am agree that lights are turn on/off with the intensity of light on the ambient and there is no option to turn them on/off :( in short simply tell me the procedure to turn on with finger ( Sensor light which you have maintain in your post thanks)

Upvote 0
Its right there, where its written htc (above the screen)..if you are still unable to find it..keep it under a light source (lamp, bulb, etc) screen facing up and look to the right of htc (written in white, above the screen) logo..there you will see two small holes..actually those are the hollow cut-outs for ambient light sensor and proximity sensor..you are supposed to cover these small holes with your finger..

If you are still not getting it..then there's another way also..unlock your phone, set screen timeout to "Never turn off"..draw all curtains of your room..turn off the lights..the idea is to make it kinda dark room..and observe the screen brightness..it should dim gradually..now turn on the lights and see if again screen brightness increases or not..
If the screen brightness does not change at all then you should take it to HTC's service center..and if screen brightness changes but still the touch button lights do not light up while it was dark, then you might be having faulty touch button lights..in that case also you'll have to pay a visit to HTC service center..

Hope it helps..

Upvote 0
Its right there, where its written htc (above the screen)..if you are still unable to find it..keep it under a light source (lamp, bulb, etc) screen facing up and look to the right of htc (written in white, above the screen) logo..there you will see two small holes..actually those are the hollow cut-outs for ambient light sensor and proximity sensor..you are supposed to cover these small holes with your finger..

If you are still not getting it..then there's another way also..unlock your phone, set screen timeout to "Never turn off"..draw all curtains of your room..turn off the lights..the idea is to make it kinda dark room..and observe the screen brightness..it should dim gradually..now turn on the lights and see if again screen brightness increases or not..
If the screen brightness does not change at all then you should take it to HTC's service center..and if screen brightness changes but still the touch button lights do not light up while it was dark, then you might be having faulty touch button lights..in that case also you'll have to pay a visit to HTC service center..

Hope it helps..

There you are thanks yes i can see the two small box it works me as for now thanks for kind help

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones