• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories HTC Extra Capacity Battery (1500mAh) for HTC DROID Incredible

Like I said, it's small enough so it probably won't bother most people. If you didn't look close enough you probably wouldn't notice it. The reason I noticed it was because I can just see the red inside of the phone along the edge.

Seidio knows about it. I called them after I received the batter. In fact, I had the same problem when it was installed in my Eris. Anyone that has the 1750, you can see the battery isn't physically the same. The edges are rounded on the stock battery for one. Secondly, the 1750 is a hair thicker than the stock battery.

Like I said, the cover snaps on, but the gap is there.
You're still going to post the pic right?

Upvote 0
Like I said, it's small enough so it probably won't bother most people. If you didn't look close enough you probably wouldn't notice it. The reason I noticed it was because I can just see the red inside of the phone along the edge.

Seidio knows about it. I called them after I received the battery. In fact, I had the same problem when it was installed in my Eris. Anyone that has the 1750, you can see the battery isn't physically the same. The edges are rounded on the stock battery for one. Secondly, the 1750 is a hair thicker than the stock battery.

Post pics, I'll post pics of mine with the 1750mah as well. I think you're seeing things

Upvote 0
Knock yourself out, post away. I'm seeing things because there is a gap. See what you want, I really don't give a shit.
Ok, well have fun with your gap. You're right though, not worth my time posting anything because you're so dead set there's a gap the pictures will be pointless. Just find it funny that quite a few people have the 1750mah and no one except you has this dreadful gap.

Upvote 0
Here's the requested pict. I tried to get it to close all the way but it does not. The cover is fully snapped in place, but the gap remains.

Attachments

• gap.jpg
    gap.jpg
    454 KB · Views: 225
Reactions: wompy and EgoDogg
Upvote 0
Here's the requested pict. I tried to get it to close all the way but it does not. The cover is fully snapped in place, but the gap remains.

well, #1- that's the BOTTOM of the phone. No wonder people couldn't find it- you said it was at the top.

#2 - I STILL dont have that gap, as you said everybody should since Seidio said it was a known problem. Sounds to me like you either have a bum battery, bum phone, or bum luck.

are you sure you didn't just break the tabs that hold the cover in place there?

Reactions: mobilehavoc
Upvote 0
well, #1- that's the BOTTOM of the phone. No wonder people couldn't find it- you said it was at the top.

#2 - I STILL dont have that gap, as you said everybody should since Seidio said it was a known problem. Sounds to me like you either have a bum battery, bum phone, or bum luck.

are you sure you didn't just break the tabs that hold the cover in place there?
Top, bottom, whatever. Thats the thanks I get for posting the picture. No I didn't break the tabs, the cover closes completely with the stock battery.

I sent photos to seidio, the reply was I could send it back and they wouldn't replace it.

Upvote 0
Ryobi said:

Seidio knows about it. I called them after I received the battery. In fact, I had the same problem when it was installed in my Eris. Anyone that has the 1750, you can see the battery isn't physically the same. The edges are rounded on the stock battery for one. Secondly, the 1750 is a hair thicker than the stock battery.

Hello!

Thank you for your comments! We have grabbed some batteries from the warehouse and just tested ourselves with our Incredible and didn't find anything more than the normal slit, same thing you would get from the OEM battery.

Having said that, we would be more than happy to help you swap it out and get a replacement. Please PM me with your order information and we will see what we can do for you!

Regards,

Upvote 0
Hello!

Thank you for your comments! We have grabbed some batteries from the warehouse and just tested ourselves with our Incredible and didn't find anything more than the normal slit, same thing you would get from the OEM battery.

Having said that, we would be more than happy to help you swap it out and get a replacement. Please PM me with your order information and we will see what we can do for you!

Regards,

hmm... even the company rep says they don't have any other problems.

oh, and they even say they'll work with you. Did you mean to say "they said they WOULD replace it"?? yet another small detail that means a whole different thing.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones