HTC Flashlight?Support

1. Brent372

Brent372 Well-Known Member

Again, HTC has not included the flashlight app.
    I tried the APK that is out there for the Rezound, and while it works, the button placement is way off.
    Anybody have a version that works correctly?

I know there are similar apps avaialble. Not asking what they are. Thanks.

Advertisement
  2. BigCiX

BigCiX Well-Known Member

What's wrong with flashlight apps from the play store. Tiny flashlight works perfect!
  3. Callicles

Callicles Active Member

Didn't they do an update with the flashlight for the original incredible? If so, you think they would include it now.
  4. BOB321

BOB321 Active Member

I downloaded an even better flashlight app that allows you to adjust brightness, which the stock app on the OG INC did not let you do.
  5. vzwuser76

vzwuser76 Well-Known Member

Are you sure you're talking about the stock htc flashlight app on the OG Inc? That had 3 brightness levels. After you activated the app each time you pressed the button on the onscreen flashlight it would cycle through low, medium, high, off, low, med., etc. Don't know if you missed that or if there was something defective with your htc app.
  6. NotDeadYet

NotDeadYet Well-Known Member

Tiny Flashlight is, like most of them now, polluted with ad feeds. So what, you may ask? If you had to start a new Verizon contract this month, there's no more unlimited data, and it's $50 for only 1GB! That adds up quick (no pun), and one of several them which I spent the better part of an hour testing last night sent a new ad banner ever 5 seconds! So unless somebody knows for a fact that we aren't billed for the ad data which we did not sign up for, I'd be careful!

The other issue which I saw in nearly all the flashilight apps was almost all of them had too much crap. Yeah, I get it the disco strobe is a fun toy, but you don't want that getting in the way when you just need all that the camera flash can give you in an emergeny!

For no ads and very simple access, the winner for me was Droid Light.
  7. NotDeadYet

NotDeadYet Well-Known Member

HTC didn't ship a flashlight app with the DINC 4G which I picked up this week, so I suspect it's the same with the OP.
  8. Rxpert83

Rxpert83 Dr. Feelgood Moderator

Chances are you can download it from the hub. That's how it was for my device.
  9. vzwuser76

vzwuser76 Well-Known Member

The post I replied to said there was no way to adjust brightness on the OG Incredible that came out 2 years ago, not the Inc4g. I know that didn't ship with a flashlight, neither did the Rezound.
  10. Brent372

Hub? What hub?
  11. Rxpert83

The HTC hub app that is probably on your device.
  12. Brent372

Sorry for appearing dumb here but where do I find that?
  13. j13smiley

j13smiley Well-Known Member

i'm with you... what is this hub app?
  14. today

today Well-Known Member

I read somewhere that verizon decided not to include htc hub with this device.
    Rxpert83 likes this.
  15. Rxpert83

Ah, thank Verizon then
  16. blackepoxy

blackepoxy Well-Known Member

Yeah, Verizon blocks access to free content and services form HTC hub on their phones, they probably want you to use their bloatware instead...
  17. BigCiX

BigCiX Well-Known Member

Ur joking right. That small little ad at the bottom of the screen is what your worry about. Anyway Driod light all can be found by Googling. It has ads by the way.
  18. today

today Well-Known Member

Took the flashlight apk off my og dinc os. Put it on my new 4g3. Good to go. Works the same as it did.
  19. Brent372

Can u post the apk?
  20. Rxpert83

Should be able to pull it from a stock rom of most HTC phones. Try the evo 4G
  21. dcont

dcont Member

RE: HTC Hub. I am new to Verizon with the Inc4G. Previous phones were EVO Design 4G and EVO 4G on Sprint and I grew to love the Hub. You could download ring/notification sounds, widgets, wallpapers etc that did not come pre-installed. I actually emailed HTC about it not being included on the Inc4G... the HTC flashlight imo is better than any of the ones on Play.
    Rxpert83 likes this.
  22. jamala00

jamala00 Well-Known Member

Hey can you post that apk so we can download it and put in on our phones please? Or pm it to me or e-mail it to me?
  23. Dmark44

Dmark44 Well-Known Member

Try this:

http://db.tt/VuFfv0U1

I agree with you guys, the stock HTC is definitely the best flashlight app I've seen!
    dcont and jamala00 like this.
  24. jamala00

jamala00 Well-Known Member

Ok, this might be a stupid question, but I have not done it. How do you install an app like this without your phone rooted? I only have ever did it with my Org Inc when it was rooted.
  25. Rxpert83

Should be able to just side load it. Put it on your sd card and install. Make sure the option to install non market apps is checked.