1. Welcome to the newer, better version of Android Forums! Be sure to see the announcement and enjoy checking it out!

Some of you have been having login issues. - Please try now. Sorry for the trouble!
  2. All attachments uploaded on the first day of this new look need to be re-uploaded, or will appear broken. All prior to that, and all going forward, should work fine. We apologize for the inconvenience!

General HTC Flyer aka HTC Tablet

1. What do you think? I mean 7" screen, 1 GHz processor, and even that HTC clock/weather widget we have come to really like.

Advertisement
  2. kevinwong0511

kevinwong0511 New Member

Personally I'm quite disappointed about this spec.

I'm a crazy fan of HTC and I do like the idea of the widget that introduced by the Taiwanese. Yet, this tablet can't fulfil my demand at all.

Firstly I want a 10"+ screen but not a 7" one. And yes I do understand that an smaller slate is more convenient for certain users, but in my own opinion I want a bigger one, for internet and films-watching.

Besides it's all about the processor, I originally thought that it's a dual-core, but turn out it's a single 1.0 GHz stuff...it's okay, but of course more is preferred.

I like the Sense UI and thus I always target HTC as my first priority, but not this time. Let's see what they can do for the Scribe (if it really exists).
  3. xrayjo

xrayjo New Member

It's a 1.5 GHz processor and it has 1GB of RAM so it should be plenty fast. I think this tablet is going to find its own niche rather than compete.
  4. HustlinDaily

HustlinDaily Well-Known Member

Exactly, I think it is geared towards being a functional daily use product as opposed to a toy (like every other tablet on the market).

7" is more portable than a netbook (unlike 10"), the stylus for notetaking can appeal to students as well as businesspeople plus HTC Sense for Tablets looks awesome (especially with the apps/functionality they added that can utilize the stylus).

If you want something which can replace a personal organizer, let you go paperless (store/access all your notes/ebooks conveniently), then this is probably the best thing for you. If you want a toy for playing games and streaming/watching video, get an iPad or a Xoom.
  5. ari-free

ari-free Well-Known Member

HTC Flyer doesn't use a capacitive stylus. It uses a special stylus technology by n-trig. The stylus tip is more like a pen.
    here's a video of n-trig technology in action
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Io9I1tRzwLc&feature=player_embedded
    Note he's using Autodesk Sketchbook Pro on a Fujitsu tablet. Autodesk has an android version)