1. Hot New Devices! HTC One M9 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | LG G4

HTC Flyer Android UpdateGeneral

1. The_app_main

The_app_main Well-Known Member

I'm thinking about picking up an HTC Flyer this weekend. Has there been any talk of the Flyer getting updated to Android 3.0+? I searched google and didn't find anything, which usually isn't good news but I can hope right?

Advertisement
  2. rushmore

rushmore Well-Known Member

HTC has mentioned that the Flyer will get HC at some point, but I am not worried for a few reasons:

1. A key feature of HC 3.2 and ICS is hardware acceleration for Flash and video. HTC already added the needed function to the Flyer and is a key reason the device is snappier than others and why higher def Flash plays better than the current dual cores with HC. Anandtech's review and benchmark comments supports this, so not a placebo.

2. Please try Honeycomb on the Acer A100 7". The fixed nav bar takes up space on a 7" display. It IMO is very annoying and you lose precious display space. There are some hacks if you can root, but they are problematic at best.

When considering features and performance, the wifi Flyer for $300 can not be beat, but will not bore you with the key points, since already posted in the big thread :)

The issue is not as bad on 10" displays, but is silly to have the fixed bar on smaller displays.

Added:

The one thing that does drive me up the wall is the location of the microsd slot, BUT AT LEAST IT HAS ONE! Yes, that is directed at the Fire and the Galaxy Nexus.