htc Froyo still missing bluetooth voice dial

Last Updated:

1. osteodave

osteodave Member This Topic's Starter

So does it work on other roms? is it time to root and go with a custm rom - i drive a lot and can't believe that my desire can't do this!

Advertisement
  2. anoniemouse

anoniemouse Well-Known Member

Sorry to disappoint you m8, but if you have updated to the OTA froyo then i am afraid you can't root anymore.

3. adza

adza Member

I have the same problem... no voice dialing on my HTC Desire. What is HTC doing? :mad:

Is this a temporary thing, or is this permanent. (ie, do we just need to wait for some smart cookie at XDA-Developers to find another way to root?)

4. Pedro7

Pedro7 Well-Known Member

speculation on whether it can be rooted or not. nothing at the moment, nobody is sure if there ever will be..

5. Si Pie

Si Pie Well-Known Member

I've posted in another thread but I'll post it here too, a response I received from HTC today:

Dear Simon, Thank your email. In regards to the voice dialing on the 2.2, it is only available in North America due to the limitations of the voice recognition software database that our phone uses. We are researching the possibility of expanding the coverage of the Voice-To-Text feature but we are still analyzing the feasibility and currently have no schedule to relay to you now. Thank you for your patience and understanding. Kind Regards,
    To send a reply to this message or let me know I have successfully answered your question log in to our ContactUs site using your email address and your ticket number 10GBCW32ENAXXXXXX.

6. osteodave

Ok, so now we can gain root again, can anyone recomend a froyo rom with sense AND bluetooth voice?

7. adza

adza Member

We can root again? If so I'm seriously considering it!

8. Si Pie

Si Pie Well-Known Member

I'm using the LeeDroid ROM and it's got it and I've tested it is working.

9. adza

adza Member

Indeed. Thanks so much for the info. I was able to revert back, and then root my device even though upgrading OTA. So glad for that! Wish I had have rooted before - I know have all the stuff HTC don't want to give me that actually make this phone that much more workable.... as a phone! :)

10. osteodave

rooted and installed leedroid 1.7b haven't tested bluetooth yet

11. adza

adza Member

I have tested 1.7b and voice dial over bluetooth works. (Although I have added a 3rd party voice dialer now so I'm prompted for confirmation before dialing).

12. osteodave

I can confirm voice dialling using plantronics 360 headset works with leedroid 1.7b. voice search does not work, over bluetooth at the moment

13. thesi001

thesi001 Member

Shame on HTC for not being able to deliver voice dialing to European customers. A function which is already for YEARS available in other brands.
    Even more shame not to inform its customers properly, causing me to buy two (2) headsets thinking that was the problem. Waisted 100Euro !!!!! Will HTC pay me the money back ????