1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

htc hd2 help!General

1. tony6785

tony6785 Guest

i am having trouble making calls on my unlocked htc hd2 phone. even with a signal, calls cannot be completed. the phone is running on android 2.2 R 2.15.50.14 G 15.42.50 11U D 3.14.04666 8G AND SPL-3.03.HSPL XE Is there something i need to change. i can only run android from sd only. all other attempts otherwise results in freezing on T-Mobile "sticking together" screen. and yes i am new to all of this.

Advertisement
    :
  2. zflamewing

zflamewing Well-Known Member

I'm not familiar with the specific model of phone you have but I'll try best as I can. When you try to place a call what happens? Does it dial and you get an error message from the telco or does it just sit there? What do you mean you can only run Android from SD only? Have you tried powering the phone off and back on to see if anything changes?
  3. Rush

Rush {<>}~{<>} Guide

First thing you need to do is, update the phone's "PRL and Data Profile." If these two features are updated and problem still exist - reset the device to its original state. If all these troubleshooting fails, then you might have a problem with your carrier or the device is defective.

Good luck. Let's know how this turns out. ;)
  4. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum Moderator

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the HD2 a Windows Mobile phone? I found a good listing of the roms available for Android here, which means that many have successfully been able to install Android on this phone, but still, I can understand the problems you are having.
  5. tony6785

tony6785 Guest

When making a call it just shows "dialing" but it never connects or rings, I have tried to run android rom directly from phone and it freezes up but if I run it from SD cards everything is good to go. Not a big deal but I thought it was a little odd.
  6. tony6785

tony6785 Guest

OK. Thanks I will give it a whirl.
  7. tony6785

tony6785 Guest

Yes it is a windows phone. I will check the other roms. Thanks.
  8. zflamewing

zflamewing Well-Known Member

@luna, when he said running android from SD I started to wonder if it wasn't native to his phone.

@Ton, I see you're starting to venture beyond my realm of expertise at this point. I hope everything works out for you.
  9. tony6785

tony6785 Guest

how do i check to see if the PRL and Data Profile needs updated. and if they do how is that done? :)