HTC HD2 Rooted w/android froystone has two lock screensSupport

Last Updated:

1. gcampeau27

gcampeau27 New Member This Topic's Starter

Hey. I have an HTC HD2 rooted with android based off the desire. I had a different build on my phone before so still getting used to it. I used to use the pattern lock on my phone and it would be the only screen lock. Now, with the desire build i have two. The standard frown looking sliding bar is there, which i don't like, and after i slide that bar to unlock then my pattern i set comes up and i have to use that to get into my phone. I would much rather just have one and prefer it be the pattern instead on the standard bar. If anyone can help that would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Advertisement
  2. gcampeau27

gcampeau27 New Member This Topic's Starter

Android Lockscreen for Sense ROMs

I rather like the stock android lockscreen since it gives you the option to silence the phone right on the lockscreen. It also tells you the battery percentage while charging. Anyone running AOSP or a vanilla ROM knows what it looks like but those running the traditional Sense with the "pull down" lockscreen, this is an easy alternative.

All you need to do is rename or remove the HtcLockScreen.apk in /system/app. The easiest way (with S-Off) is to use root explorer and just rename the file to something like HtcLockScreen.bak. Reboot and you should see the change. Reason I prefer to rename rather than delete is if you ever want to revert, you simply rename it back to .apk.

If you do not have root explorer or S-Off, then you're going to have to do the rename via adb in recovery.

Screenshot of what the lockscreen looks like for those unfamiliar.

CAP201010031659.jpg

Edit: Before renaming the .apk, go to settings => applications and locate the clock. Clear data. This will resolve some issues with certain ROMs. Thanks to Nils for pointing this out.

-I've done this and it works. I still have two lock-screens but at least it isn't the HTC lock screen that opens by itself taking it out or putting it in your pocket and might I add it looks old fashioned and ugly. If you had a similar problem to mine should work out for you :D