HTC Hero 2.1 TroubleshootingSupport

Last Updated:

1. crosbychase

crosbychase New Member This Topic's Starter

I need some troubleshooting ideas and tips on how to make the Hero operate more smoothly with the 2.1 update!!!

A few problems i've been seeing are:
    -Power cycling
    - Freezing
    -Lagging

Thanks and your responses are greatly appreciated

Advertisement
  2. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra= VIP Member

Hello crosbychase, and welcome to Android Forums. :)

It sounds like a good old live battery pull might remedy those issues you're having following the update (with the device on, pull the battery out, wait about a minute, then put it back in and reboot).

Rebooting directly after an update can sometimes wash those things out, but let's see how the live battery pull works for you now.

Meanwhile, I've taken this thread with your questions out of the Updates and Cupcakes area and moved it to the Hero Troubleshooting forums. Perhaps here it will get more views by owners of the same device. ;)

3. Xyro

Xyro 4 8 15 16 23 42 Moderator

4. crosbychase

crosbychase New Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks I usually try to do a battery pull as basic troubleshooting. Also, i've heard many times that the Hero processor was just not made to run the 2.1. I don't know if that is just BS or if they didn't build it having intentions of such a big update. I work with the CDMA heros' mainly.

5. DonB

DonB ♡ Spidey Sense !! ♡ ™ Moderator

Yes that is correct, but if you read the Hero section there are a few threads to help you relieve some of the lag and issues, using Launcher Pro as a default launcher instead of the Sense UI will help some, check these threads out,
    Got Hero Lag? Try this... ([​IMG] 1 2 3 ... Last Page)

Crazy way to end dialer lag

Consolidated Lag-Fighting Thread ([​IMG] 1 2)