HTC Hero 2 (Legend)

Last Updated:

1. mbell75

mbell75 Banned This Topic's Starter

Is this thing going to be for sale in the US? If so, why would they be giving the Hero a 2.x update if this new one will already be running it?

Advertisement
  2. pdragon

pdragon Well-Known Member

Because not all of us will be rushing out to get a new phone and would like an update for our existing one.

3. NCKK

NCKK Well-Known Member

It's called abandonment Sprint. I'm sure Verizon wouldn't mind helping me with a new contract... Update now! (Now= as soon as all the bugs are worked out.)

4. mbell75

The more I think about it the more I think this will only be in Europe. Its slated for release in March. I seriously doubt Sprint would update the Hero only 5 months after its release. The European version has been out since last summer though, so they will probably get this and the Hero will get the 2.1 update as Sprint has already confirmed. Then its on to the next gen devices.

5. MaxPower

MaxPower Active Member

Why wouldn't Sprint let us know when these phones "drop"?

Then we could make informed purchases instead of feeling alienated a week after buying a now "old" device.:confused::mad::cool:

6. SamuraiBigEd

SamuraiBigEd Under paid Sasquatch! Moderator

These phones tend to be released in Europe first, then here, sometimes over a year later! Could have something to do with the joke they call a cellular network here in the U.S., and the fact that they refuse to operate on an open system here where you can buy your phone where you want and activate with the carrier of your choice.

7. mbell75

There is a big show coming up Feb 15-18 where all the carriers will be announcing their phones. So watch for that.