HTC hero 2

Last Updated:

1. barnacles

barnacles Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Rumor has it a hero 2 is in the making, already. Differences seem to be a little different, faster processor and optical trackpad. These are the biggest differences I've discovered from the info available. It is going to in other words be the legend. I'm tempted to pack up the hero and stick it out for another few months. You guys think we will see it soon? Thoughts? Ultimately id stick it out for the supersonic but who knows when we will see that and I can't imagine the price tag on it :/

Advertisement
  2. maxinspace

maxinspace Active Member

it'll most likely just be legend with a different outer appearance but all the same internal hardware. this means the processor speed increase would only be from 528 mhz to 600 mhz, which can probably be called minimal. it's probably a better idea to wait for a phone like the supersonic.

3. Caloy

Caloy Well-Known Member

Who knows, SS might just be a code name for the Hero 2. :)

4. acp

acp Well-Known Member

Supersonic $199, N1 $179 and Hero 2 (aka Legend) $99

^my predictions

5. Covert_Death

Covert_Death Well-Known Member

if SS is announced at that price working on the current 450 unlimited everythign plan then it's mine, if a new plan or price is higher than that, then ill get the N1 if it works with my upgrade, im not getting unsubsidized. 500 for a phone is retarted

6. So-Low Da Don

So-Low Da Don Well-Known Member

If there is a Hero 2 I doubt it will compare to the EVO (SuperSonic)

7. gmcdaniel

gmcdaniel Active Member

It won't even come close to the EVO.

8. zcarman

zcarman Well-Known Member

As long as we're throwing in our predictions for prices...

I gotta go with $299 after MIR on the Evo... $199 after MIR on the Hero 2... $199 after MIR on the Nexus One... I think they'll end up announcing a different low end device to fill that $99 Droid slot...

9. Shadow_Rider

Shadow_Rider Active Member

I have no idea what the pricing will be....but it better be more aggressive than what you're suggesting, if their true objective is to get "NEW" customers/converts.

I've seen the Droid listed as FREE and for $19.99 on a couple of online retailers. And the Droid Eris is listed as FREE on a few, and through LetsTalk listed as "You make $50". So Sprint may need to get pretty aggressive in terms of their pricing, because the competition is coming out with new/similar phones, AND have some similar, already established ones that they are practically giving away right now.