HTC Hero and Live Wallpapers?? NEED SERIOUS HELP!

Last Updated:

1. imnotokay

imnotokay New Member This Topic's Starter

okay, i have searched and downloaded endlessly for something to give me live wallpaper, and no luck. also, when i press volume down and power, then recovery, it just shows the htc logo and then i get a black background with a little phone and a red "!" in a red triangle. im seriously stuck and really want the best advice possible if you can. and complete step by step instructions are really helpful for me. thanks in advance!

btw, i upgraded it to version 2.1

Advertisement
  2. 40nintendo

40nintendo Well-Known Member

are you rooted
    (if you are)what you see is a stock recovery image to run a rom (then a live wallpaper)you need a custom one to do that you need to get rom manager from the market. After it's done open it and flash a clockworks recovery image (optional you can get amon ra its a better image so ask if you need help finding it and i will post a link) now you have to get a rom choose from a 2.1 stable htc sense rom or a bit less stable but faster 2.2 rom after you put the .zip rom file to the root of the sd turn your hero off. then turn it on while holding home+power buttons when you enter the recovery image DO A NANDROID BUCKUP if any thing happends you can restore it. now do a full wipe. Next pick flash from sd and pick the .zip file now just wait and now reboot and you are done. From now on you can use live wallpapers.

How i help :):):):)

3. Xyro

Xyro 4 8 15 16 23 42 Moderator

The thing is though, live wallpapers perform poorly at best on the hero. 3D ones especially.

You might be disappointed if that's the only reason you're rooting.