• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

HTC Hero and Telus

Theonekiller

Jan 12, 2010
Hey everyone, i am currently deciding on what android phone to buy, and as of now i am almost 100% that i will be getting the HTC Hero with Telus. But i would like to know everyone opinion on it comparing to other smart phones and on getting it at this time. I live in Canada and we dont get the same release for America's phones so i was wondering is there anything worth coming that would be alot better for me to get and wait for?

Price is also a very huge factor , i can get the HTC Hero for 79.99$ with a 3-year contract

thanks for your opinions

Hi,

I've been very pleased with my Hero from Telus and with Android in general - also having a lot of fun developing little applications.

That said, you may want to shop around, for instance FutureShop has it for $49 and they'll also give you a $100 gift card, which will save you quite a bit from getting it directly from Telus. Got mine after Xmas for $0 with the $100 gift card.

It's probably the best Android phone in Canada at this point, but there's new models coming later this year - Telus has already announced that it will carry the Milestone (= Droid), and Rogers should get the Xperia X10, and others will probably appear as well.

Cheers

Upvote 0
Hi,

I've been very pleased with my Hero from Telus and with Android in general - also having a lot of fun developing little applications.

That said, you may want to shop around, for instance FutureShop has it for $49 and they'll also give you a $100 gift card, which will save you quite a bit from getting it directly from Telus. Got mine after Xmas for $0 with the $100 gift card.

It's probably the best Android phone in Canada at this point, but there's new models coming later this year - Telus has already announced that it will carry the Milestone (= Droid), and Rogers should get the Xperia X10, and others will probably appear as well.

Cheers

Thanks for the info, but do you think its worth waiting for the Milestone and Xperia?? also considering their starting price.

Upvote 0
I also have the Hero from Telus. As mentioned the phone is great and Android is an amazing platform. Personally I wont be getting the droid(Milestone) when telus gets it. Since I used the iPhone back in 07 I can never use a non touch screen ONLY phone. The additional keyboard on the Droid will be useless to me. The Xperia X10 looks amazing, if there is away for you to know when Rogers will get it and if you are able to wait then get it. Dont get me wrong. I enjoy my Hero.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones