• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

HTC Hero Arrives Tomorrow!

Hi everyone!

I've got my first Android device, HTC Hero on Sprint, arriving tomorrow and I thought I'd sign up here and start doing some research on the new platform!

This will make my fifth smartphone since February 2008 having gone through (in order) a Motorola Q9c, HTC Touch Diamond, Blackberry Curve 8330, and a Palm Pre. So far the Pre has been the best at what I like to do with the only hold back having been the lack of software that does a few key things with ease, especially in the ebook reading department. Sprint gives most customers annual upgrades and after seeing that anything new would not be coming out until the summer I figured I'd grab an Android phone to get some "hands on time" with the platform.

I'm looking forward to reading, learning, and getting to know everyone!

Lots of new Hero users today, is there a sale on at Sprint or something?

I don't know about sales but I was eligible for my annual upgrade this month and got tired of waiting for the HTC Supersonic to come out and after playing with the Moment couldn't get past the blocky look to the hardware. Plus I like the HTC Sense interface.

Upvote 0
Hi everyone!

I've got my first Android device, HTC Hero on Sprint, arriving tomorrow and I thought I'd sign up here and start doing some research on the new platform!

This will make my fifth smartphone since February 2008 having gone through (in order) a Motorola Q9c, HTC Touch Diamond, Blackberry Curve 8330, and a Palm Pre. So far the Pre has been the best at what I like to do with the only hold back having been the lack of software that does a few key things with ease, especially in the ebook reading department. Sprint gives most customers annual upgrades and after seeing that anything new would not be coming out until the summer I figured I'd grab an Android phone to get some "hands on time" with the platform.

I'm looking forward to reading, learning, and getting to know everyone!
Welcome to the AF forums and enjoy your visits !! :cool:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones