HTC Hero Bluetooth radio Call IssueSupport

Last Updated:

1. Pimmos

Pimmos Member This Topic's Starter

Bought a HTC Hero and a DEH-Pioneer 7100BT bluetooth car radio. Once radio was installed my phone was detected and I have done all what was necessary to get the phone paired with the radio.

The phone is now paired with the radio and can stream music and adjusting the phonevolume also gets played through the car speakers wich all work perfectly.
    The problem starts when there is an incoming or outgoing call and when I answer the call through the radio, the sounds dont go through the car speakers anymore. The opposing person can hear me but I cannot hear them because the carspeakers are silent. The only way to hear them was by attaching a headset to my phone only then could I hear them.

The main reason for buying this radio was that I would not need a headset at all. Is there a way to route sounds from incoming and outgoing calls also to the car's speakers? Any suggestions?

Maybe it is not recognized as a handsfree device?

Advertisement
  2. SirGaz

SirGaz Active Member

I have the same issue with my Peugeot 407 inbuilt bluetooth kit. I can answer the call but there is no sound. I think it's that the phone transmits in mono, but the kit only accepts stereo. Only guessing though

3. peterc10

peterc10 Well-Known Member

There are two different BT profiles at work here. A2DP is for stereo music. Headset or handfree (usually latter) is for handsfree use. Does your radio support both? If it only supports A2DP for example then the phone side will not be working at all - the caller can probably hear you through the mike on the phone. Did the radio come with a built in or seperate mike, or a port to install a mike? If not it may not be designed for handsfree profile at all.

Even if it does support handsfree is it able to autoswitch between the two, changing from A2DP when a call comes in? The phone can but can the radio?

I suspect the answer may lie in the manual for your radio.

4. Pimmos

Pimmos Member This Topic's Starter

I solved the problem today. The problem lays at the bluetooth audio balancing setting of the radio in the Bluetooth menu. I had the FAD BAL setting on FAD F15 while I dont have any frontspeakers. I lowered de F (for Front) value so it would get near the R value (for Rear) rear speakers and as soon as it reached 0 I heard sounds. I tested incoming and outgoing calls, both now work perfectly. Keeping the F setting a little above F0 will reduce the noise.