HTC Hero Bricked - I Think?

Last Updated:

1. daisy192

daisy192 Member

Hey Group- I recently dl new cyanogen 7.1 ROM on my rooted HTC Hero.
    All has been going well but tonight when I went to power it on it stays on the first screen. The one with that little blue android and the circle keeps going around.HELP! How do I get my phone back?

2. Podivin

Podivin VIP Member VIP Member

Moved to the Hero root section. Hopefully someone here has an answer for you.
  3. Slug

Slug Check six! Moderator

Hi Daisy,

Power it off, then restart by holding POWER+MENU to boot into recovery. Wipe the cache, then go to Advanced and wipe the dalvik-cache too. Then go back to the main menu and select Reboot system.... hopefully that will fix the problem.

If not, boot back into recovery and in Advanced select Fix Permissions. Let it complete (may take a few minutes so be patient) then restart.... hopefully this will.... etc

If still no luck, try the first option again but this time instead of restarting after wiping the cache partitions reflash CM7.1. As you're not wiping the data partition your settings and apps will remain but the system files will be refreshed. That should definitely fix it!
  4. Xyro

Xyro 4 8 15 16 23 42 Moderator

It's HOME + POWER for recovery, not MENU :)
  5. Slug

Slug Check six! Moderator

Aww crap, it's not as if I haven't used it recently either. My muscle memory must be programmed for the GS2 "three-finger-shuffle" of HOME + POWER + VOL_UP. :eek: