HTC Hero Camera Focus

Last Updated:

1. Brad

Brad Active Member This Topic's Starter

Hey all, I got my HTC Hero today on Orange. I previously had an iPhone 3G but I do prefer my Hero!

I have a question though. Is there an app or a way to make the camera focus for longer? Or perhaps when it has focused enough, take the picture without it messing up?

The camera is good for me, I'm just wondering if there's a way to put the focus to better use!

Thanks,
    Brad

Advertisement
  2. Slug

Slug Check six! Moderator

If it hasn't already got the 2.73.61.5 ROM onboard (which is likely as the update only appeared a week ago), d/l it from the HTC UK support site and install. The camera will now support touch-focusing, and if you 'long-press' on the screen will focus and take the shot.

3. Brad

Thanks a ton for that!

I have a problem though, my Hero never syncs. I have the software installed, and the USB hooked up to my Hero. In the notification bar, I tap on synchronise with Windows and the status stays disconnected without anything happening. I have rebooted both the device and my PC, uninstalled and reinstalled as well as running the program as an administrator on Vista.

Could you please help me?

Thanks again.

4. zukini

zukini Well-Known Member

Have you downloaded the updated vertion of HTC sync from the HTC website as there were issues to start with. You also need to have the phone connected to the computer for a while before you first use it. (At least 10 mins)

5. Brad

Yes, I have done all of those. Still no luck.

6. Slug

Slug Check six! Moderator

I've posted a summary of your issue in Help with HTC Sync, Brad. Hopefully someone with more knowledge will be able to offer advice and maybe a solution.