HTC Hero - Can't receive delivery reports

Last Updated:

1. bern

bern Member This Topic's Starter

Dear folk,

My HTC Hero does not receive delivery reports.
    I have selected the delivery reports check box
    just as it is told in the user manual. Still, no
    delivery reports are received. Does some one
    have a solution/answer to this issue?

Thanks in advance!

Kind regards,
    Alex

Advertisement
  2. MattW

MattW Well-Known Member

Delivery reports are provided by your service provider. Not all telco's enable them (my provider, O2 in the UK doesn't for example). SO if your telco doesn't 'do' them then you'll never receive them no matter what your phone is set to.

3. bern

Actually my telecom service provider does provide this service, and it perfrectly worked on my old phone (the same sim card)...

4. vido.ardes

vido.ardes Well-Known Member

I must admit I've got the same problem, I was just never that worried about it to try and find the answer. If I put my sim in another phone delivery reports turn up, but they don't on the Hero

5. bern

Actually, just a moment ago I did the same thing. I put the sim card into another phone (old Nokia) and I got the delivery report as usual. So the problem seems to be in Hero...

Kind regards,
    Alex

6. Moberg

Moberg New Member

When I have sent an sms I need to tap on the sent sms, then i got a menu that say read delivery report.

MVh

Moberg

7. bern

Hi!

Thanks, it really works in that way! Now I can see the delivery reports also!

8. pulsarman

pulsarman Well-Known Member

a quick note for you all, only hero's updated to 2.73.*.* firmware will recieve reports saying delivered when they are delivered to the handset they was sent too, hero's running firmware prior to 2.73.*.* will get reports saying delivered when the mocile company (i.e t-mob) has recieved the sms, so your text may not have been delivered yet even though it says it has! Also handcent is a much better sms service (free from market) and reports can be shown next to message so one touch lets you know if its delivered or pending.

9. theresasheena

theresasheena New Member

hi, everyone. i love my htc hero, love droid. i've switched phones already twice, and i'm having an issue with mms messages. when i send a normal sms, it says "Received" but when sending a picture message, the delivery report says "pending" even though the other person did indeed get it and open it. what up with that? is it my phone or is it like that with all hero's??