HTC Hero Car Mount Compatible?General

Last Updated:

1. mdelliott

mdelliott Member This Topic's Starter

Hey everyone -

This is my first post... so bare with me on this one.

My wife and I picked up a couple of Eris's for Christmas and I was looking for a low-profile windshield mount. I have seen several universal mounts but they all look rather bulky.

I am looking to find something that I can mount "hopefully" above my rear-view mirror on my F150.

While searching online I came across one for the HTC Hero and from what I understand they are similar phones. I was curious if it might be safe to say that a mount that is for the HTC Hero would work with the Droid Eris (it is also works with the HTC Hero 100, 130, and G2 Touch)?

The mount is from Brando (which I am also trying to figure out if they are reputable) -

shop.brando.com

My next question would be if a mount such as this would work with the sleeve or cases that Verizon sells. Right now I have a Body Glove one and will probably end up switching to a Shell/Holster style.

Thanks for any advice and I'm sure I'll be using this forum quite often...

Mike

Advertisement
  2. gridbug

gridbug Well-Known Member

Nice find! In a similar situation here, tho I prefer a more low-profile mount. Saw the 3-in-1 kit that Brando has on their site that looks pretty slick, but like you I want to get more info on them as I've never heard of them before. The prices are great, but caveat emptor and all that...

Keep us posted as you proceed and I'll do the same! :)

3. xene97

xene97 Well-Known Member

The guys over at Gizmodo love Brando. They seem to specialize in wacky USB gadgets (USB Heating Burger Massager anyone?) but also have the normal cell phone gadgets.

4. gridbug

gridbug Well-Known Member

As I scoured the web for solutions, came across these:

Arkon 15" Gooseneck Floor Mount

Amzer Universal 15" Steel Gooseneck Mount

I drive a 2001 Toyota Celica GTS... the cig lighter is low on the center console and when I hit fifth gear the stick is too close to the plug to actually use anything other than an extended mount, which is no good because it'll "turn" in the socket due to the weight of the phone, gravity, g-force during turns etc. Not crazy about window mounts (long dashboard) and vent mounts are sketchy at best, so for me one of these gooseneck mounts is probably the best solution. The fact that it attaches to the passenger seat bolt is a plus too, no drilling needed! Gonna continue looking into it, and if I pull the trigger I'll post some pics once the install is complete.

:)

NOTE: I've read mixed reviews on Fommy... has anyone ordered from them, and if so was it a pleasant experience? Or was it the opposite?

5. mdelliott

mdelliott Member This Topic's Starter

6. pkopalek

pkopalek Well-Known Member

I put my Eris next to the hero, side by side, in Best buy, and from what I can tell, they are nearly EXACTLY THE SAME in dimensions. So if the mount just holds onto the edges of the unit, I would put my money on this if I were looking for it too.

I use HTC Hero Chargers. A car charger and regular charger kit both for a total of $1.86 on Amazon. Mini-USB. Perfect.

7. mshardee

mshardee New Member

8. OfTheDamned

OfTheDamned The Friendly Undead VIP Member

I think the chin, or lack there of for the Eris, on the original Hero might be a problem. Not mention the fact that the oribinal Hero is a bit thicker and taller than the Eris.

9. mckinzie.rose

mckinzie.rose Member

I looked at other mounts from Brando for other phones. They look exactly the same as the one for the EuroHero. Could be one of those one size fits all but brand it for every phone things? I like the look of this mount.