HTC Hero Case Decisions!Accessories

Last Updated:

1. Peji

Peji Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I have two decisions for a HTC Hero case that I'll order soon(Ebay). I need some help deciding so you guys tell me which is better if you don't mind.

The Cool Looking One That's Made of Aluminum(Dunno if it'll cause scratches, need advice on that): HTC Hero (GSM) Armor Case - Aircraft grade aluminum metal HTC Hero (GSM) case

The not-so-cool looking one but it's leather and might not scratch(idk, will it?):HTC Hero (GSM) Designio Leather Sleeve - Hand-crafted from soft, premium grade leather HTC Hero (GSM) sleeve

Just need some advice on it, maybe this could help out some people too. Thanks again in advance.

Advertisement
  2. Slug

Slug Check six! Moderator

If it were me I'd go for the aluminium one because it's full-cover and my work is a dirty environment. I use a TPU gel case for that reason. It's taken a few knocks and drops over the year and lived to tell the tale.

3. Peji

4. silberj

silberj Member

Otterbox Defender, best case hands down for my Hero.

5. GordonEndersby

GordonEndersby Active Member

Ive got one very siliar to that flip case but I had to remove the magnets from the clasp as it caused a problem with the sensors. So the screen wouldnt rotate or compass work properly.
    But they do protect the phone very well and are nice and thin in your pocket.

Gordon

6. Peji

Isn't that only available for sprint htc hero? :/ I can't find any for gsm hero, link plz?

7. GordonEndersby

GordonEndersby Active Member

8. Peji

dang, hadnt considered the magnets part. I didn't even know there were other flip cases lol, I better do my research.When I said "Isn't that only available for sprint htc hero? :/ I can't find any for gsm hero, link plz?", I was talking about the otterbox defender thing.

9. Slug

Slug Check six! Moderator

Correct, Otterbox only cater for the CDMA device.

10. ikester

ikester New Member

maybe a bit more than the plastic cheap stuff out there, but great "2nd skin" protection, and very customizable

11. nic b me

nic b me Member

i know my sprint hero is different than the GSM, but i just wanted to give another vote for the otter box...i have the "Impact" series. only had it a few hours and i love how durable it is and how well it protects my hero.