HTC Hero CU S210 Car Upgrade Kit

Last Updated:

1. Richard diddly

Richard diddly Member This Topic's Starter

Has anyone actually been able to find this in stock anywhere ?

Cheers

Advertisement
  2. bodger

bodger Member

3. Richard diddly

Richard diddly Member This Topic's Starter

I've mailed them, hopefully they have actually have some, HTC are reporting a 56 day lead time

4. robbiec

robbiec Member

I ordered my white hero on vodaphone from mobilephonesdirect and the car kit was bundled free :)

Bonus too since the handset is unlocked and i'm only on at 12 month contract 600 mins, unlimited texts and includes 500mb internet for

5. bodger

bodger Member

Mobile Phones Direct do have a car kit in stock, but it isn't the one mentioned by the OP.

It looks okay though, and is official, but I think it's a generic holder rather than one tailored for the Hero. HTC Car Kit CU-G100 - Mobile Phones Direct

6. htclova

htclova Member

HTC SORT IT OUT!!!

not available till 2nd October!!

WTF

7. htclova

htclova Member

Id rather use bluetack!

8. ScumPuppy

ScumPuppy Well-Known Member

will keep checking back on this, would much prefer an official one rather than a crummy generic one so its designed around the contours of the handset

9. wertyu

wertyu Member

I've been waiting for 2 months. MPD tell me they are getting new stock but it never arrives. Anyone else had the same problem? Total bandits

10. Slug

Slug Check six! Moderator

In case it's of interest to anyone, Brodit have released a car mount for the Hero and their products are very highly regarded.

11. Millstone-House

Millstone-House Member

I too waited in vain for the 'official' kit, and then I came apon this...

DriveSafe Car Pack For The HTC Hero

It really is excellent, the holder is custom made for the Hero, and grips the phone top and bottom, you can rotate the holder through 90 degrees, and it doesn't 'wobble about!! - the only major difference I can see is that the car charger plug is not the same as the HTC one.
    Turned up in 24 hours, and it's half the price!!

12. wertyu

wertyu Member

Well it finally arrived after another 2 phone calls. So overall it took 2 months, 12-15 phone calls, 3 emails, 3 Live Assitance requests, 1 webshop request and 1 written letter of complaint. It's a shame that I had to turn nasty to get what was promised in a couple of days. No doubt the staff at MPD think I'm a @r$e too, but this ended up turning into a futile point of principle.
    As it happens I uncovered why I didnt get it sooner. As I was an upgrade customer and not a new one (new to T-Mobile). They prioritize their very limited free stock to 'new' customers. Which I understand, but why lie to me over and over? Certainly means I wont recommend MPD to enyone else again...