HTC Hero Firmware release today?

Last Updated:

1. harpstar

harpstar Member This Topic's Starter

Advertisement
  2. WerzilUK

WerzilUK Member

Im not having any real problems with the speed of my handset but if an update comes out that does improve performance then thats a bonus :)

I wonder when it will officially be released to the rest of Europe...?

3. madsborelli

madsborelli Member

Lucky me, I live in Denmark ;). Has anyone tried it yet? I'm currently using the MoDaCo rom.. Is it the same?

4. bone

bone Member

I have the new rom in my danish hero. And i must say, the speed got up quiet a bit.

But, there seems to be an issue with google contacts. I can only create SIM and Phone contacts, not google. Neither can i choose to sync with just one group from my google contacts. So right now i have 1500+ contacts in my phone. Realy annoying.

5. Henrik

Henrik New Member

Can I update my Hero without using HTC Sync? HTC Sync is ...... well not working.

Danish Hero no SIM lock.

6. bone

bone Member

I'm am pretty shure you need it to upgrade.

7. Plexus

Plexus Well-Known Member

I live in Denmark too and I updated yesterday to the new firmware.
    I whish I did'nt.
    I can't see any betterment at all in the phone, and a few things have become worse.
    Among the bugs that appeared the worst one is that I am not able anymore to lock the screen by clicking the on/off button .
    Now it stays on for the period I have decided in the settings (1 minute), and if I keep it pushed it asks me if I want to turn off the phone.
    It's really annoying.

Please is there anybody who has an idea about what I can do to reintroduce the lock screen function to my hero?
    Maybe it's just a matter of toggling some setting, but I can't find it.
    Any help will be greatly appreciated.

8. bone

bone Member

Try to reset your phone, something must be wrong.

I have none of the issues you describe. And until now i've only heard good things from the update. And my own Hero is twice as fast with the update.

9. Plexus

Plexus Well-Known Member

Yes you were right , all problems disappeared after a a factory reset, which I have noticed that it kept the latest ROM installed.
    Pretty annoying because I had to reinstall more than 100 apps from the market, since The Android sync software allows syncing only contacts and calendar but not apps and setting.
    Anyway , now it's just fine.
    I'm not sure if it became any faster though.
    For sure it did'nt become slower , but my Hero has always been lightening fast since day one, maybe the improvements are visible only on even older ROMs or will manifest themselves only in the future.
    We surely have a great phone but I really hope I will not have to go through all this process one more time: I spent 5 or 6 hours to redownload and reinstall all apps and I will need at least 2 or 3 more to rebuild my 3 "scenes" with my wallpapers, rings, apps, shortcuts etc.
    I dont understand why I can back up and restore in few minutes all settings of my HTC touchHD and of my N97 but not for the Hero.

10. justjimjpc

justjimjpc Premium Member VIP Member

Next time you might want to try the app >> MyBackUp Pro....

11. exutable

exutable Member

I have a Danish HTC Hero(just moved to Denmark 2 months ago). I just upgraded to the new rom, let me tell you. It's amazing, very fast, stable and much better than the old one.

Quick nub question, when 1.6 comes out. Will we be able to upgrade? or will that be up to HTC?

Thanks,

Dane