HTC Hero firmware update in 2 weeks.

Last Updated:

1. mcmonkiez

mcmonkiez Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

folks,

Just called HTC Support and they have been receiving huge amount of calls regarding HTC hero issues and the main one is the Signal.

They refuse to give me a actual date, when the firmware going to be release,

issue will be fix by they re writing the code where 7 screens on HTC HERO load faster and they are currently testing it.

however HTC did say will be release in next 2 weeks.

if you do have problem with your HTC hero, please do contact Tech support and log your issue with the handset.

any body have more update on firmware?

Advertisement
  2. Slug

Slug Check six! Moderator

Video available here showing an updated Hero running the new ROM. I've read that some users have been told by HTC that the release date will be Sept 4th.

/Al

3. mjcook1984

mjcook1984 Active Member

hi im also suffering from the poor signal with my g2 (hero) did they mention if this update would sort that issuse out

4. Tye

Tye Well-Known Member

How does this 'poor signal' problem manifest itself? I occassionally have the odd crackle during a call but its nothing different from any of my other phones.

5. brittas

brittas Well-Known Member

So how will this update be distributed to users?

6. spurs4life

spurs4life Member

I spoke to Orange today about getting my third replacement handset from them (all have poor signal) and they confirmed that they have got the update from HTC, but the guy was not sure if they were going to release an orange branded version of the update!

7. ButchersBoy

ButchersBoy Member

@spurs4life what route did you take to speak to them, 150? Then some sort of technical support? I suggest as many people as possible get onto Orange about this so we can get the latest firmware without being forced to root the phone.

PS...Villa till I die!!!

8. spurs4life

spurs4life Member

150, but then had to wait for a call back from their 2nd line technical support. This is the third person in that area I have spoken to and they have all said that I am the first person who has complained about poor signal. Personally I think that orange have got their head in the sand over this.

The guy did say it could be just Hero's are not very good at picking up a signal and holding onto it. I mentioned to him then that the phone was not fit for purpose and maybe I should just cancel my contract. He went very silent then and did not say I could not, so maybe thats my next route.

The thing is I love the phone, and dont want to cancel (even if I can) just incase orange decide to release the update and it fixes signal issues.

I agree though the more people who complain the better!

9. Funkyfin2000

Funkyfin2000 New Member

Another Orange customer here with poor signal!!!

Its just very weak compared to my nokia...not impressive at all :(

I have the new radio update on from Paul@Modaco as well

10. computerboyo

computerboyo Well-Known Member

My friend is on Orange and he only has 2 bars on a good day but I am on T-Mobile and I always seem to have 5 bars wherever I go, so I don't think the Hero has got problems of holding on to the signal, it might just be a technical fault with the fault itself or probably just Orange.

11. brittas

So does anyone know how the updated firmware will be distributed?

12. mcmonkiez

mcmonkiez Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

HTC Support (website)

13. m1.carson

m1.carson Well-Known Member

Hi,

I suppose if we update through HTC we void our Orange guarantee and reset the phone to factory.

Max.

14. brittas

This is what I'm worried about. Although I'm sure I've seen updates on the Tmobile site in the past

15. MartinS

MartinS Well-Known Member

Orange should release the update.

They released the HTC Touch Diamond update around the same time as the HTC one was released and there wasn't much wrong with that. The main issue was speed of Touch Flo...

16. MartinS

MartinS Well-Known Member

Further question...

My HTC Hero has been unlocked so the warranty should already be void? Am I better off using the update from the HTC website when it becomes available?

17. mrdagz

mrdagz Well-Known Member

had my hero a few days and i orginal read that this phone was a bit sluggish. but i later read that this has been fixed in a rom update but my phone which has version 1.5 on it still seems slow some times.

is this the update that is supposed to make the phone run much better ?

18. trick202

trick202 Well-Known Member

I thought I had seen the back of phones with inherently poor signal.
    I hope this gets fixed, as I love this phone - but if I can't rely on it, then it's getting canned.
    Still awaiting replacement SIM card to fix lack of data.

19. NiceCupOfTea

NiceCupOfTea Well-Known Member

Just read about this and now I'm paranoid. Sitting at home (London area) and reception varying between 1 & 3 bars. No 3G coverage at all :( Can't remember what my old tytn 2 was like but seems poor for the SE of England - not out in the sticks, but equally not hugely built up...

These updates, will they require a hard reset? I just want to use the damn thing, don't want to spend my life re-entering settings because HTC couldn't pull their fingers out and get it right before releasing it on the unsuspecting public... :rolleyes:

20. hutie1983

hutie1983 Member

i waits it for a long time. by the way, i want to know the information about the price.[​IMG]:)

21. rdelfin

rdelfin Well-Known Member

Greetings from Atlanta, GA.

I'm also eager for this Firmware update to become available. Truth be told, my imported white HTC Hero has never given me any trouble (granted, my cellphone usage level tends to be more on the light side, almost casual/ocassional), still whatever makes this already superb device even better, the merrier.

Question: Does anybody know if we should "register" our phones somewhere in the HTC website so once the firmware update gets released we will be notified?

22. Artaq

Artaq Active Member

rdelfin
    Question: Does anybody know if we should "register" our phones somewhere in the HTC website so once the firmware update gets released we will be notified?

To save time keep your eyes here maybe, as as soon as the update hits the foums and internet will light up like a christmas tree with news of it.

The way it looks like HTC has used the public to test the phone for them and report the bugs so they know what areas to fix.

23. trick202

trick202 Well-Known Member

I just hope they do this quick enough to avoid the phone getting a reputation.

Happened with the Blackberry Storm. Released before proper testing, and slated by all. I'm told it's a great device now, with FW updates improving it in every way. Pity it's now know as a total flop.

This phone is technically better than the phones it's targeting (iphone et al) - but the EXPERIENCE is what's lacking.