HTC HERO From Cellular South Lemon Story

Last Updated:

1. tres1208

tres1208 New Member This Topic's Starter

Oct 14, 2010
    If you are on the fence about switching to Cellular South, don't do it for the HTC hero.
    I had mine for about 4 months before it got frustrating. I sent it back in making a warranty claim and they sent me a new one. However, they claim the phone was damaged due to moisture (I never got it wet or exposed it to moisture) and are trying to make me pay $150 for the replacement phone. Since I paid for the first phone, I should at least get it back before having to pay for a second phone, (on principal). I am mad about this as I took really good care of the first phone. The problem was the touch screen quit working properly around all 4 corners and the notification window kept popping in and interrupting everything. I read about others having the same problem and I'm sure we didn't all get our phones "moist"
    Anyway, the HERO is a Lemon and while I love the affordability of Cellular South, I am not happy with this turn of events and couldn't say that I will be signing on with them again unless they rectify this situation

2. Xyro

Xyro 4 8 15 16 23 42 Moderator

Dec 1, 2009
    Thread moved to the CDMA (Sprint) section.