HTC Hero GPS not workingSupport

Last Updated:

1. Pez

Pez Member This Topic's Starter

I'm having trouble with the GPS on my phone. Its an HTC Hero, 2.1 on orange.

I've read up and plenty of people seem to have trouble that is fixed by a soft reset, but this doesn't help me. I've tried turning off wifi and enabling gps and mobile network and then restarting the phone but the gps still can't get a fix on any satellites. It searches and I get the gps icon on the top right of the screen but it just flashes constantly and doesn't connect.

Has anyone else had this issue and found a fix?

Advertisement
  2. tojjer

tojjer Well-Known Member

Install an app from the market called GPS Test. Use it and it will tell you if your phone is locking on to a satelite, how many it's detecting and how strong the signal is.

3. Empire

Empire New Member

Hi, I have the same problem, i intall gps test and found 6 satelites and the signal is about 30. Why in igo he can't connect to the satelite? Please recomand me a stable version of igo or another software navigation. Thanks !

4. ticho

ticho Well-Known Member

Check if you have 'Allow mock locations' disabled in Settings->Applications->Development. Having it enabled often prolongs time needed to get a GPS fix.

5. Empire

Empire New Member

allow mock locations it's disabled. i don't know where is the problem but before hard reset i have this problem with gps.:mad:

6. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon Moderator

Probably you've all already tried this - but under Menu -> Settings -> Location - _both_ wireless networks and GPS sats need to be checked.

So far as I know, the phone is using aGPS - assisted GPS - so it gets seeded with a initial rough location via the mobile towers - and locks to GPS from there.

Without that, you'll take a _long_ time to perform a location cold start.

I'm aware this is an issue in general for the Hero - just wanted to toss this in just in case it might be of some sort of help.