• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help htc hero headphone jack error

mark2109

Lurker
Oct 25, 2009
my htc hero has just developed a problem....
it says the headphones are in but they are not and because of this i am unable to make or receive calls without putting it on loud speaker and are unable to play music without headphones.... does anyone know how to resolve the issue???
many thanks....Mark

Hmm, yeah but.... You have to switch it on and off every time you use your headphones. And that takes about 1-2 mins to boot back up etc.

And if you receive a phone call during using your headphones you'll never get it working in time to catch it...

Or can you use the inbuilt microphone and headphones at the same time...?

I had this occur once and since then the headphones have worked fine. If its an ongoing problem then its probably more serious.

Upvote 0
Yup happens every time, hence the post...

Be careful if its happened once - as I say it happened on 2 hero's to me and was intermittent to start. But this was with the same headphones each time (Sennheiser) - perhaps their minijacks are very slightly a different shape and eventually this messes up the contacts...

I dunno - very depressing... Hence the cry for help!

Upvote 0
Yup happens every time, hence the post...

Be careful if its happened once - as I say it happened on 2 hero's to me and was intermittent to start. But this was with the same headphones each time (Sennheiser) - perhaps their minijacks are very slightly a different shape and eventually this messes up the contacts...

I dunno - very depressing... Hence the cry for help!

Aahh my headphones are Sennheiser's too. Fortunately I've not had a problem since though.

Upvote 0
my htc hero has just developed a problem....
it says the headphones are in but they are not and because of this i am unable to make or receive calls without putting it on loud speaker and are unable to play music without headphones.... does anyone know how to resolve the issue???
many thanks....Mark

I have the very same problem. Installed the Headset Toggle widget, it fixes the problem for the moment. At least it makes the 'headset-icon' in the top of the screen dissappear, but than, after a while when you receive a phone call, you can hear the other, but he can't hear you because the microphone does not work untill you use the headset toggle-widget (on/off), if it works, and that's not always the case.
I mailed HTC about it, no answer so far.

Upvote 0
Weird, I just got this problem after about 5 months of problem free usage. I even uninstalled all my recent apps and restarted the phone a million times already. Just did a factory reset and its still there. It seems to happen whenever i restart the phone. So i have to keep poking a headphone in there until the icon goes away. I have never even stuck a headphone in there before this happened. This has happened once before this but a restart solved it. Any help would be greatly appreciated

Upvote 0
This is the issue why I have joined this forum.I have a same problem with the fantom headset and seems that no one can solve the problem.I have mailed the problem to HTC and like posted from another user no reply.One friend of mine said to me that if I carry my phone in jeans/trousers pocket this can produce such a problem(probably from heat or sweat )and he told me to carry it in some small pouch or bag.Since then the problem is gone,but this is no solution.If some one have solution please post it.If you agree to carry a phone in a pouch/bag and solve the problem please tell me

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones