HTC hero help plz

Last Updated:

1. Peytonsmama22

Peytonsmama22 Member This Topic's Starter

I have the sprint htc hero and when i got it a sprint tech showed me how to save my contacts as Google ones so in case i was to switch phones or lose contacts i had that to back me up. So the other day my phone stopped sending and receiving messages and i could not fix it so i just went to the option to just have the phone clean swiped to where it was like brand new and all my contacts were gone and i cant seem to figure out how to get to the Google thing to reload them back on my phone, if any one could help i would very much appreciate it. :)

Advertisement
  2. KitsapAndroid

KitsapAndroid Well-Known Member

Just go menu>settings>accounts and sync, then sign into google, make sure contacts are checked and let it sync. Shouldn't be anything else to do.

3. wardfan

wardfan Well-Known Member

It's also a good idea to export your contacts to the sd card. You can do that by going to menu while in the contacts app.

4. tazcollins

tazcollins Well-Known Member

How? When I open the People app and hit menu there's a Sync Exchange contacts. Then it wants a email address and password. There's also a manual setup? Can you please explain this a little more. It sounds like a great idea. Thanks, TC.:confused:

5. wardfan

wardfan Well-Known Member

I haven't ran stock in a while, but I'm pretty sure I exported my contacts from when I was stock. But in another post I found this, which is what I said I think, so not sure on the people app.

export the contacts to sd -> people, menu, import/export, export to sd