HTC Hero - Hotmail trouble

Last Updated:

1. bjerreskov

bjerreskov New Member This Topic's Starter

When I first bought my HTC Hero, I had no problems connecting it to my hotmail account.

But after I installed the Scandinavian ROM-udpate, I can't access it.

When I try to set it up, it stalls at "confirming account" and comes back saying that the server is not replying.

I have googled solutions for this problem and most people seem to solve it with a manual set up of the account. I tried to do that, but even though I type in servernames and ports, it still won't connect. It seems to be stalling on the ingoing server-settings.

Since I installed the update, I'm also unable to access facebook through the browser. I can only do it throught the market apps. Could this be related?

Any help is much appreciated.

Advertisement
  2. 1603

1603 Member

Hej Bjerreskov.
    Jeg har det samme problem med Hotmail. Har endnu ikke fundet en l

3. bjerreskov

Hej Jesper,

nej, der er stadig "no luck" med hotmail-kontoen. Facebook-problemet har jeg til geng

4. lassebjb

lassebjb New Member

I've had the same problem as you, since I installed the nordic rom update, and I have not found the solution..
    I will call HTC's support one of the days to get the solution...

5. lassebjb

lassebjb New Member

It seems to be a problem on Danish phones, so I take it in Danish.

Jeg ringede til HTC, og fik l

6. bjerreskov

Tusind tak!

Den l

7. D.mathiasen

D.mathiasen New Member

8. sekh

sekh New Member

Hi having similar trouble, as the poster above. I'll keep this reply in english in the hopes that more people are able to understand and help.
    My problem isn't specifically related to any specific online service, but more in general with getting online from the mobile network at all. If i use Wi-Fi at home online connections work just fine, but from the mobile network i have no connection at all.
    My provider is Telia in Denmark and this hasn't worked since day one which was about a week ago.
    I've gone to the following:
    Menu -> Settings -> Wireless Controls -> Mobile Network Settings -> Access Point Names.
    As instructed by Telia customer service, i've tried deleting the default entries that existed and making a new one from scratch. The setup is as follows:
    Name: Internet GPRS
    APN: www.internet.mtelia.dk
    username is not set
    password is not set

With this APN i'm unable to "select" the connection by selecting the radio button next to the APN on the Access Point Names screen. I've found out that this is because the APN Type for the APN is not set. If i go into the setup for the APN and set the APN Type to "default" which has been suggested here and was the default for the other APNs i had before deleting them, then i'm able to select the APN from the Access Point Names screen.
    I can then return to
    Menu -> Settings -> Wireless Controls
    Here i disable the "Mobile Network" checkmark, and click it again to enable it and "connect to the internet". The phone thinks for less than a second and then immediately reports "Disconnected because service is unavailable" just as the poster above experiences.

Does anyone have any idea? Where could i get some more debugging information?

So far Telia customer support haven't been any help, but i'll try them again. Maybe i'll even try HTC support.

9. sekh

sekh New Member

Just a follow up on this issue. After about 4 chats with customer service at Telia who didn't seem to have much clue as to what the problem was, i went back to the Telia store where i bought the phone and had them look at it, possibly the phone was broken?
    It took them about 30 secs after looking up my subscription in their system to see that the data plan wasn't configured correctly on my subscription, and they fixed it on the spot.
    I'm just wondering why 30 minutes waiting for customer service on the phone and 4 conversations with them didn't reveal the same symptom that the people at the store noticed in 30 seconds.

/Facepalm Telia Mobile i guess.
    Anyway the problem is solved and i'm online!