HTC Hero - HTC Mail App

Last Updated:

1. tcyeric

tcyeric New Member This Topic's Starter

Hi all,

I just got my Hero a week ago and i'm loving it.

Having searched through the forum i think no one has asked about this.

I'm rather a clean/neat freak when it comes to my phones and with regards to the HTC Mail app, i've not been able to remove the listing of emails which have been used with the app

for example: if my friend were to use the app on my phone (abc@123.com) and access his email, and even after deleting the account. There is still a mention of his email address should i press the letter 'a' in the email address while adding another email account.

Is there anyway to remove the above mentioned? =\
    am already trying to live with the fact i cannot remove my search history from the market =(

Advertisement
  2. sfmiletic

sfmiletic New Member

Has anybody found a solution to the problem posted above? stephen

3. black05x5

black05x5 Member

I'm also looking for a a solution as well.

4. RemArcs

RemArcs Well-Known Member

Until someone comes along and tells you something different you may want to see if the email address is stored in the place below that you can delete, It's worth a look at least.

Settings >> Language & Keyboard >> Touch Input >> User Dictionary

5. black05x5

black05x5 Member

I have checked and the email addresses are not stored in the user dictionary. Still scratching my head looking for a solution.

6. Xyro

Xyro 4 8 15 16 23 42 Moderator

I would've thought it would be stored in the mail app's data, not the keyboard/dictionary.

You could try clearing the cache in settings >> applications >> manage applications. If that doesn't work clearing the app's data probably will do it, although you'd have to setup your email account too.

You could try clearing the market's cache too, although I wouldn't do a data wipe on that one.

7. black05x5

black05x5 Member

Well that basically fixed it! I cleared the cache but that didnt do anything. Then I went back and cleared the data. It did delete the email acct. The good news is that when I set up the acct again, the email history was gone! So its not the perfect solution but it works.