1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

HTC Hero issueSupport

1. Psyndrome

Psyndrome New Member

Hi guys,
    I have an issue with my Hero where the mobile network keeps switching off and says "SIM Unavailable".
    I have to keep switching the phone on/off to re-enter the my PIN and make calls.
    I checked all mobile settings and phone settings and can't find anything that would cause this to happen.
    I generally keep my mobile internet on all the time and WiFi and when at home it switches to my WiFi network.
    I am still on the original ROM that came with the phone from unboxing.

Any help appreciated.

Advertisement
    :
  2. zacspeed

zacspeed Well-Known Member

Mine did the same thing last week, turns out I was merely in a very poor reception area :eek:
  3. Psyndrome

Psyndrome New Member

just curious though, why when I restart my phone it immediately picks up a network. Also my friend on the same network carrier has no problems with network coverage and I do while we are in the same room.
  4. markie-m8

markie-m8 Well-Known Member

I have the same problem when in the lounge at home, its weird as when it does pick up signal it goes from full 3 2 1 no signal, weird.
  5. Psyndrome

Psyndrome New Member

is this the phone doing this as per normal? Or is this an issue?
    Also does it pick up the network automatically again after awhile? It is quite frustrating to keep restarting the phone just to make a call.
  6. lekky

lekky Lover VIP Member

Might sound silly, but make sure you have locked in your SIM card correctly. Sometimes it seems like it is locked down properly, but it isn't, causing it to move around and lose connection to the phone.
  7. daveybaby

daveybaby Well-Known Member

Heh, my SIM locking mechanism is a bit loose, and once every few weeks i lose reception and have to reinsert it. Need to put some blu-tak or something on it.
  8. dirks

dirks Active Member

Yep, this happened two times to me. After the second time I fixed the mechanism with a piece of tape. McGyver style modding :)