• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Htc hero keyboard(request)

mykeldrip

Feb 3, 2010
So i have the htc keyboard installed BUT its just real choppy like it doesnt "fit" for example hitting the "OP"(in compact qwerty mode) or any button underneath the button press insnt exactly placed where it should be. i believe it is just a resolution and/or wasnt made to be ported over to the nexus one!

BUT

I love it! i have tried multiple keyboard after keyboard after swype after shapewriter and nothing can compare! so does anyone know if there is a nexus one version of this? or can some "tinker with it to make it"fit" on the nexus one!!???!? i sure hope so!

There's now a Hi-Res HTC keyboard hack available (on XDA - but posted in a thread on this forum)...

Word of caution - I installed HTC keyboard that is posted in another thread in this forum, and personally didn't like it. But after uninstalling, things got wonky with my Nexus. Minor, but still some issues. ATK - the fonts got all small. BatteryLife - the coloured separation bars got all messed up.

I did a hard reset to fix. Luckily, I have online backup setup with my Gmail account. I personally won't be installing anything HTC anymore.

Just FYI - not to tell people to not do it, but I had weird things happen from installing the HTC keyboard. ;)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones