HTC Hero Keyboard SUCKS...help

Last Updated:

1. BentBarrels

BentBarrels Member This Topic's Starter

I have had the HTC hero for about a week now. Previous phone was a blackberry.

I love a lot of the features on the Hero vs the blackberry.

However the keyboard on the hero just sucks. I have done the calibration tests...tried typing on the keypad in landscape mode etc....

IS their an app out there for a new keyboard....I can't believe a phone could have so many good things...and then completely miss the boat on the keyboard.

Advertisement
  2. markie-m8

markie-m8 Well-Known Member

I use the keypad set as 'phone keypad' just like a normal phones keypad and get on with it really well.
    Can't get on with qwerty in landscape mode so well.

3. Slug

Slug Check six! Moderator

Look in Market for "Better Keyboard"

4. golder

golder Well-Known Member

I think the keyboard is just fine, especially in landscape mode but the bigger problem I find is that the phone is not fast enough, even when just typing on the keyboard. Sometimes I'll be typing even though I don't feel a vibration and the letter has not come up on the screen yet, but after a few seconds it all comes up together. The phone can't keep up!

SukoLZS likes this.
  5. mwilson1987

mwilson1987 Active Member

It's been said on a previous thread but if you turn off the vibration feedback it runs quicker, since I did this i've found the keyboard excellent and easy to use (usually in landscape mode).

Slug, is Better Keyboard actually better?! Is it worth paying for?

6. Slug

Slug Check six! Moderator

Dunno, I'm perfectly happy with the Hero's standard QWERTY k/b. I only posted to help out the OP, but I've read other users say good things about it.

7. lekky

lekky Lover VIP Member

I would turn off the feedback straight away, it lags the keyboard MASSIVELY. As markie-m8 said, try with a different type of keyboard. Hero has 3 types built in (change via the keyboard settings) and one may be more suitable for you.

But if its mainly the lag thats the problem, turn the feedback off, you'll be surprised at how much more zippy it becomes.

8. Quazar

Quazar Well-Known Member

Apparently (according to your sig) your running the old firmware which is slow. Update your phone and it'll be a lot faster.

9. RicoUX

RicoUX Member

Yea, turn off vibrate and it will be much quicker!

10. elektrobix

elektrobix Well-Known Member

I've got it and i can't stand it, always making errors with it and unintentionally hitting the space bar. After a week i switched back to the normal keyboard and made far less errors.