• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

htc hero keyboard

jo12jt1

Sep 30, 2009
hello to all, i am not sure if this is a handset problem or a software problem. When i am typing the keys almost seem to stick, i no tht is not possible as iot is a virtual keyboard, but i think you get the jist of what i am trying to say. Is there anyway of correcting that or is there a better like for like keyboard out there that i can use

If you mean that the keys take a while to respond and sometimes result in the secondary characters appearing (e.g. numbers or punctuation rather than the letter you wanted) then that's because the phone decided to do something else while you were pressing the key and as a result, it thought you held the key down for longer than you did. This happened a lot with the original HTC Hero ROM, but much less so with the new one. If it happens an awful lot and the phone is very sluggish, then an app is eating your phone's CPU power, and you need to track it down and uninstall it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones