HTC Hero Leather Pocket (Case)Accessories

Last Updated:

1. JDub

JDub Member This Topic's Starter

I'm really interested in finding a leather pocket (case) for my HTC Hero, very similar to some I've seen for certain Blackberries.

I've come across the following on the web:

RIM (OEM) BlackBerry

Advertisement
  2. twospirits

twospirits AF's janitor Moderator

I posted an link in another thread that shows PDair coming out with a leather case for the Sprint Hero. Both in Flip top style as well as other styles similar to what you are looking for. The only flip side (pardon the pun) is that they are a bit more expensive.

TS out

3. zombdroid

zombdroid Well-Known Member

I bought a similar case but found it did not work very well with the Hero for 2 reasons.

1. The case would push the buttons and turn the lights on often.

2. The pressure of pulling the phone in and out started to scuff the metal where the buttons are. I had to abandon this case.

However, I did find a perfect horizontal case at the T-Mobile store in the mall for $10. The case was unbranded. Good luck!

4. steveopolis

steveopolis Member

I purchased my case from in store at sprint, it was a universalcase by body gloves. It is a horizontal clip type case that goes on the belt. Real leather and length wise is a bit longer, like 2mm but it fits just right. Inside is velvet type material, soft. AT the bottom is a hole that allows me to push up and help pull out the phone with ease. Its black and on one side there is a strip of brown leather with 3 hole design. The metallic clip is tough and not flimsy like other ones i have had. Good construction, cost was 29.99, but i got 50% off.

5. paul1956

paul1956 Member

I purchased a Case Logic leather case at Wal-Mart for less than $20.00. It looks good, and the Hero fits perfectly.

6. Capt.De57

Capt.De57 Member

7. JDub

JDub Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks for the feedback, all. I'm looking for a pocket case that encases no flip-top or clip of any kind. I have yet to find one that suites my desire other than the Blackberry cases I originally noted above... But I'm glad someone pointed out that they didn't jive with the Hero very well, so I've abandoned that idea...

I can get a lil crafty... so I'm making my own with tough black canvas exterior and faux fur, very very soft, non-scratching interior... custom fit... and hand sewn. My Hero's gonna be reeeal cozy.