HTC HERO - mail notifier questionSupport

Last Updated:

1. canadianjr

canadianjr New Member This Topic's Starter

Is there a setting or an app that will continue giving me notifictions every so often if I missed an email, phone call or voice mail. My phone only gives me one when it comes in. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Advertisement
  2. DaWeav

DaWeav Well-Known Member

I have a paid for app called 'Tasker' which I have setup to provide a different audio notification when the mail application posts a notification on the status bar.

So, Tasker could do this, but Tasker is a rather advanced application, or simple depending on your knowledge, and doing something like this would take some advanced skills. But, it could be done using a Tasker Event Profile for a UI Notification and selecting the application that made the notification in the status bar, then setting up the Task routine to perform tasks in response to the UI Notification which in this case the task routine would need to be a loop routine with wait values and audio sounds. That would be kind of an advanced setup so it's not for laymen.

You could check the Tasker WiKi to see if you could use any of the routines there that you could manipulate to do this maybe. I steal ideas from other Tasker users there and put them to use in my Tasker routines all the time.