HTC Hero- Mp3 stuck on lock screen

Last Updated:

1. smack

smack New Member This Topic's Starter

For some reason my mp3 application is stuck on my lockscreen. I have tried setting a new lockscreen wallpaper, but it is still there. Is there anyway to get it off?

Advertisement
  2. lekky

lekky Lover VIP Member

I've had this problem too. I can fix it by either using a task killer to kill the music process, or restarting the phone!

3. phillevy

phillevy Well-Known Member

Actually it is a task killer abnormally terminating the music app that causes this to happen - put the music app in the task killers exclude list to stop this occurring.

4. lekky

lekky Lover VIP Member

Not in my case it wasn't!

5. phillevy

If you exit the music app normally I can't see how this can happen - this has been discussed before like here: http://androidforums.com/htc-hero/26251-lock-screen-now-my-last-played-track.html If you do a search I'm sure you will find more threads as well.
    It sounds illogical but I guarantee that putting the music app on the ignore list of your task killer will stop it happening again. Rebooting will always get your lockscreen back to normal, but the problem will keep happening if you are using a taskiller and the music app gets auto-killed. Lekky, your reply to the OP may get their lockscreen back, but it doesn't address what the actual cause is.

6. antipesto93

antipesto93 Well-Known Member

same thing happend to me, it happens when the music task is killed, white its playing music
    add music to the ignore list, then restart the phone

7. Ziani

Ziani Well-Known Member

Alway one :p...putting music app in ignore list worked for me :D

8. lekky

lekky Lover VIP Member

When I used the default music app (instead of mixzing), i didn't use a task killer -_-

9. phillevy

Did you find the cause? Was it a one-off? I'm still wary because you say you used a task killer to solve it, confirming you had one installed at the time - it may have killed the music app inadvertantly. I've never heard of any other cause of this problem so would be interested in another explanation?

10. Ziani

Ziani Well-Known Member

You Dont need a task killer to resolve this, the task killer is the problem. If you use a task killer you must put the music app in the ignore list otherwise this is what happens.

11. phillevy

You miss my point - I'm agreeing with you - it was lekky who said he used the task killer to resolve it.

12. lekky

lekky Lover VIP Member

well i stopped using the default player, later on i tried killing it with a task killer and it worked -_-.

Not everytime, but it did it occasionally.

13. phillevy

Try using the default music app and then terminate it while it is playing using your task killer (rather than just exiting) and I bet you will have the corrupted lockscreen.